Let the fun begin!!! Quite smoking NF

manitoubass2

Thanks for all the advice. Always appreciated. Just a quick update. Slept real good again last night. I already feel like i can breathe better. But thats in between major coughing fits, which seem worse in the am and right before bed. Its pretty gross but thebody way of filtering out the chemical sludge seems pretty efficient. The days seem longer because your able to do so much more when your not stopping to smoke, i find that awesome! Ive drank lots of grean tea with honey and lemon and some peppermint just to soothe the am coughs. Feel great otherwise! Cravings are nil throughout the day. I get some in the evenings but there not as bad as the morning. Mid day is no problem. Still a little short tempered though

Thanks for all the advice. Always appreciated. Just a quick update. Slept real good again last night. I already feel like i can breathe better. But thats in between major coughing fits, which seem worse in the am and right before bed. Its pretty gross but thebody way of filtering out the chemical sludge seems pretty efficient. The days seem longer because your able to do so much more when your not stopping to smoke, i find that awesome! Ive drank lots of grean tea with honey and lemon and some peppermint just to soothe the am coughs. Feel great otherwise! Cravings are nil throughout the day. I get some in the evenings but there not as bad as the morning. Mid day is no problem. Still a little short tempered though

Good job buddy.

Hey dude !!! 11 months for me. It was easier than I thought it would be, but the crave comes back every now and then. I use Nicorettes to help with that. I gained about 20 lbs, which has almost all gone now, but considering I lost 45 after the divorce, I am laffing :whistling:

Sense of smell was the first thing I noticed, then taste. I can smell a smoker from 50 feet away. I didn't have to quit coffee, because the only thing that ever triggered a smoke was beer, and I quit that habit 24 years ago.

Keep it up, and if you start again....... quit again. :good:

I quit years ago because I did not want the doctor to tell me that my teeth are ok; but my gums have to go as well as one of my lungs.

Each day I thank the good Lord that I am still here and had the will power to quit when I did. (31 years ago)

You made the right move!!!!!

I'm 2 or 3 packs a day for 50 years, cant walk the river, hard time launching my own boat, gave up hunting, cant even take my lady for a walk in the woods.

I know you have all heard it before but it needs repeating;

If you don't smoke don't start

If you do smoke QUIT

if you cant quit cut down

Then when you can QUIT.

Well done Bud

Jim

pretty good most times, miserable other times. Im really snappy and crabby lol. Food sure tastes better and i can breathe again ;)

It so worth it though. I've noticed that even after I quit 17 months ago, I'm still crabby and snappy too. But I think my wife and child are getting use to it. I have been able to catch myself before spouting off and that does WONDERS for our relationship........ Keep it up man!

Edited by Steelheadphycho