Returning to the Bay of Quinte Gold Mine.

LeXXington

For the last few years’ in the fall, Lloyd from U & Me Guide Service would send a PM and see if I would like a spot on the last “Fun” Bay of Qunite Walleye charter prior to taking the boat out of the water.

After twisting my arm and thinking long and hard. Ok it was about a small fraction of second I jumped at the chance. As I have posted before going out on the water with Lloyd on the U & ME charter is like going to walleye training school, the amount of stuff I learn on each outing would take me years to accumulate.

One of the great things about fishing on a Bay of qunite walleye charter is it’s not really like your fishing on just “1” boat with a few fishing rods. They have a charter group that talks to each other all day getting the most up-to-date information on best colour, depth, location. I wonder if they offer a subscription service.

Days before the magic weekend arrived the winter gods started putting the feelers out and posting super winds and snow. Perfect!! Last year at this time same thing happened and we had some of the hardest fishing I had ever seen. I was a little worried.

Day#1. Thursday. It was just Lloyd and I but like always U & Me produced some amazing fishing. Total caught 7- Only -1 fish was eater size but the rest were some big girls.

BOQCloser009_zpsac99d6cb.jpg
BOQCloser013_zpsb2ab6b68.jpg
BOQCloser018_zps102c0185.jpg
BOQCloser019_zpsff7741a4.jpg
BOQCloser021_zps3f7ec772.jpg
BOQCloser028_zpsbd278e8d.jpg

Day#2. Friday, Ralph and Terry arrived and joined in on the 3 hour tour. It was just one of those magical trips that was non-stop fish and laughter. Sometimes in the reverse order. Terry had an amazing talent for most of the day when his turn was up it would almost always end with a double header. Ended the day with 15 fish most released

BOQCloser035_zps64520c34.jpg
BOQCloser036_zpse59c821c.jpg
BOQCloser039_zpsbb2e32ca.jpg
BOQCloser040_zps07818c93.jpg
BOQCloser045_zpscc98c073.jpg
BOQCloser047_zps99ad5064.jpg
BOQCloser052_zps5731d34a.jpg
BOQCloser055_zps321c4a84.jpg
BOQCloser058_zpsb432f891.jpg
BOQCloser060_zps2d95bf32.jpg
BOQCloser062_zps3713dd75.jpg
BOQCloser063_zps929c7141.jpg
BOQCloser069_zps47ae74dc.jpg

Day#3. Saturday. At 6:00am I checked the weather closer to Mississauga and I saw that they changed the weather forecast, the bad weather that was suppose to arrive on Sunday had sped up a little and was to hit “later” in the day. Lloyd knows the area like the back of his hand and gave us a choice as we left the dock. We could go to a protected area and try new ground or go to a proven producer but leave when the wind gets up.

Friday was such a great day, we chose the protected area and it was one of those great days that just worked out. The place we went had no other boats around, consistent fish and little to no wind/waves. The storms that did eventually come were very scary, it was sunny and calm then you could see the black clouds and the wall of white. 20 min later 60K gusts of wind, whiteout conditions, then just like a dream it was over and back to calm and sunny.

BOQCloser078_zpsc9ce9b52.jpg
BOQCloser081_zpsc6f6bcf0.jpg
BOQCloser086_zps7267041f.jpg
BOQCloser089_zpse2ff8800.jpg
BOQCloser097_zpse1d9b734.jpg
BOQCloser100_zps3b749263.jpg
BOQCloser104_zps5f4ca4eb.jpg
BOQCloser107_zps6b77e726.jpg
BOQCloser110_zps38f75793.jpg
BOQCloser111_zps541c2157.jpg
BOQCloser116_zpsb1d0ba1b.jpg
BOQCloser121_zps664fdc1d.jpg

At the end of the day as Lloyd drove the boat home we came out of our protected cover and wow Lloyds boat was getting pushed sideways while under near full power as we headed back to the dock and this is no small tinny boat :dunno:

BOQCloser074_zps59dd8f97.jpg

Once in we decided the weather forecast was only going to get worse – 8C over night so we decided to pack up early and pull the boat out.

End result was we only got a few eaters with the rest being returned for next year,

Sunday AM – Temperature -16C, winds gusting to 50… Best decision ever!

Edited by LeXXington

Wow!

Finally understand the attraction of going to Quinte in late Nov. from this thread.

Hooking up with the best charter and catching over a couple dozen huge walleye in couple of days does rock.

Must be the best getting out with Lloyd in his boat. More about catching fish not wishing for fish.

Great report!

Awesome!

Finally had a few min to sit down and log on and do some reading and replies.

It was great having you guys out. Always a good time when your out on the water with friends.

Wayne

It's to bad you could not have made it but I totally understand. Always have a place on my boat for you bud.

The bay was so good from the first day of the season to the last. It's always a sad day when the boat goes away :o( but on the good side it means ice fishing is soon here.

If your playing on the bay play safe and have back up plans for help this time of year. Remember it's not like coast guard is just around the corner.

When you see guys at the ramp take time to talk and exchange phone numbers. They may be your life line if you get in trouble.