Post your Favorite Fishing Photo!

adempsey

Not as memorable as my last pic but I figure I'll post a few more.

Some of these were during and some of these were after a shift working the best job I ever had for a unnamed government organization that doesn't get the funding it once did. All of these were taking in Northwestern Ontario. I could post hundreds but these are the most memorable.

bsfm7_zpsc710fd67.jpg

Some of the greatest hospitality I have ever experienced. Guys I met the night before took me to their secret fishing spot. The is the one lake where when someone said 'You will never experience fishing like this anywhere else' I agree with them. Limit of Walleye and about a dozen 12+ inch perch in under 45 minutes. Later that day they had a fish fry and invited the neighbourhood. After experiencing this and spending the summer there I can honestly say Dryden folks are the nicest folks I ever have had the pleasure to meet.

bsfm1_zps285afe8d.jpg

We used to try to get one gag photo on every lake we assessed. This is my favourite.

bsfm5_zpsb8944f95.jpg

I remember this night like it was yesterday. Bluffy Lake just outside of ear falls. This was probably hour 15 or 16 of a 17 hour day. So many fish to process. Keith and his wife were the best hosts anyone could ask for and were always good to us. I really hope to go back as a guest and not a worker some day.

bfm2_zps4572d297.jpg

In my line of work 'I may never be here again' has a bit of a deeper meaning. Kern lake..... I don't even remember where because we had to fly in to process it. A fantastic lake with tons of fish and a beautiful area. Sunsets to die for. I remember talking to the girl I was dating over a satellite phone on the last night saying how sad I was knowing I would never be there again, she tried to tell me how it may be possible but realistically I knew that it probably wasn't.

If I ever strike it rich, I'd go back and do that job for free in a heartbeat. The experience is something that will last a lifetime.

Edited by jeremy84

Here is still my favourite photo from all the trips and bass I've caught over the last 4 years. You never forget your biggest and for me my personal best Largemouth is all I chase. Back in 2009 I was doing a early morning solo fish off the docks at my old trailer park. Was working the Rapala Skitter Pop one of my standby techniques now (poppers in the am) on 12lb mono and a shady spinning rod. I had a passion for the forums and sharing reports so of course a camera was on a tri-pod behind me filming a good minute of the fight and the moment where I reached under the dock and held him on camera.

It was warm, smooth water and not a soul around to share the fun with me. I remember looking back at camp a million times hoping someone would see me. After another video of the release and 2 or 3 more photos this largemouth was all of 6lbs 13oz. I'll catch a bigger bass from my waters in Eastern Ontario it's only a matter of time :P

100_1906-1_zps767425c5.jpg

100_1907-1_zpsf6158049.jpg

Hoping to get the replica mount done up this winter :)

MTBF

Edited by MikeTheBassFisher