Gotta luv kijiji

lew

Couple days ago I had a few things laying around here collecting dust and figured somebody else could use them, so I posted them on Kijiji.

The last item was picked up an hour ago and I sit here $805 richer.

Life is good :lol:

Yea I've sold a few things through Kijiji; it can be a pain sometimes with larger ticket items like a car.

When I tried to sell the Corvette, I went through a couple dozen tire kickers and low ballers to the point I pulled the add.

Then there's the guys that want to trade; they were offering motor bikes, ATVs, boats anything and everything except cash. LOL

Dan.

I wanted to get into selling online, still may. But that Dillon Millard murder charge had me stepping back. I not saying someone is going to kidnap me for goodness sakes, but I don't like the idea of inviting some characters I have no clue as to who they are and what they're up to coming to home for me to make a few hundred bucks. Many no good dirty thieves use online websites to case places. Yes I'm very cynical now, life's experiences have made me get that way. I could always put a few more bucks into my jeans, but at what price? Security out in the sticks here is non existent during the winter.

My kid brother sells online regularly, I told him if some characters that look like they need a hit of oxycontin tell them it's sold before they go into the garage. It may be Rob Ford campaigning though.

Listing on kijiji can also be good for a laugh from time to time.

I recently lIsted my Ranger on there and got a reply from an "interested" buyer named Terry. I told him the price and he said it was cheaper to buy new.Hmmm okay I will play.....do tell.He then went on to mention a bass guy ,by name I might add who uses his Rangers for a year and then sells them.Carry on I says ......... he has a one year old Ranger Z22 for $18 K and to him that is a much better deal.Heck ya I says...please tell the guy with the boat I will be right over and heck i will drop far more than his asking price in his lap.

Amazing how people never seeing an item or knowing the seller and his experience are quick to tell you the price you "should" sell to them for.

Strange never heard back from my friend Terry,but still waiting and hoping for my new Z22!!

Listing on kijiji can also be good for a laugh from time to time.

Best reply I received for the stuff I had listed this week was from a lady who asked me if everyone who advertises on kijiji was honest.

Told her I couldn't vouch for anybodies honesty 'cept my own.

Guess she believed me cause she gave me the $300 I wanted :lol:

Good stuff Lew. I've had only good experiences with Kijiji too. We sold the old boat and the snowmobile on there and I don't think there was 5 minutes that went by from the time I clicked "open Ad" to when the phone rang. I was shocked. Sold both for a decent price in 1 day.

Excellent Joey, just the way it should be.

My best deal was a couple years back when I posted an item for $500 at 8:00 in the morning, had a reply at 8:30 and he was here at 11:30 with cash in hand and no dickering on the price.

Aside from all my positive experience i had with Kijiji, I wasted my time on 4 occasion in the past from trying to buy couple of items:

1. The fellow said the he only used the item twice, by the time I showed up, the item was at least 20 years old antique carpet shampooer, I said it was very old, he replied he was not the first owner, since I did not ask , but he insisted he used it twice.

2, After I showed up to buy some electronics, another buyer was also there almost the same time, the seller wanted highest bidder!

3. I showed up and want to test the item, it was not working, he originally advertised that it worked the last time he tested it, I then ask when he tested it, the fellow responded............ a year ago.

4. I was giving away free stuff and few responded, the first person who wanted it did not show. I have re-post the ad.

Edited by bassfighter

mostly good experiences in my time using it bought my car, canoe and bought and sold countless other things,

some frustrating times though when people say one thing and do another, had some goalie pads lined up for a Saturday I had inquired about Tuesday he says I'll hold them for you if you don't try to haggle with me Thursday night he emails me and says sorry I sold the pads man was I pissed lol