Shout out to the BAIT BUCKET

misfish

When you have a local tackle store that will treat you like a person,and not a cash cow,you grow fast respect for them. This is the case with the new store here in Barrie. I have bought a lot of stuff since he open. Sometimes the price was a little high,but you pay for convenience.Earlly morning starts,and need something right away That, I have no issue with..Like I have always said in the past,customer service is number one in my books,and I will support this small independent store all the way,as long as Im treated like a person.

I have been looking at the Eskimo hub huts,and really liked them so,,,,,,,,

Tom came through for me at the Bait Bucket store today. I went with the two man Eskimo.(I can manage carrying 18 pounds. LOL) He phoned his distributor and my cost was below the retail price anywhere else . Just waiting to hear back about the fin3. He has always given me good deals since he open. It,s the kinda place you can go,have a coffee and filtered try again please chat. Thats a good atmospher.
What I see he,s doing right with his store,he,s catering to the area.
. If you want something,and he can get it,he will.
I dont see the big box store hurting this small store. He cares about his customers.
Thanks again Tom.
Brian
Edited by Misfish

I have a cottage in Brighton and there is a store/outfitter there called Presuile Bay Outfitters and he is the same way. It is always fair prices and more often then not I find that his price are cheaper then the big box stores. He is also try's to help out and get in speciality items

Never on that side of the lake much Brian but I'm glad the folks of Barrie have a good place to check out. I feel the same about Mark's in Bobcaygeon. Mark and his wife have always treated me good. Since we are up there every weekend all summer if I need something Mark doesn't have I tell him one weekend and if he can get it he has it for me when I come up the next weekend. I'm pretty frugal with my money....but every once in awhile I grab something from him I know I can get cheaper in the city. That's my way of saying "thank you" for the way I'm treated there.

I dont see the big box store hurting this small store. He cares about his customer.

Any small shop with a history of good customer service has nothing to fear from a big box opening in the area. Only those that haven't cared too much about the customers needs before the big box will have a problem.

Just the way it should be.

Nice to hear you found a good one Brian, it's not always an easy thing to do.

We have a shop in Hamilton that is just like the one you mention Brian. Bill's Bait & Tackle. Sometimes when I get in their shop I forget what I went in for because of the hospitality. I enjoy going there just to shoot the crap with owners Greg and Tim and the customers, it's a meeting place. If they don't have what you want, they'll be glad to get it for you. All the people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about Bill's.

Never on that side of the lake much Brian but I'm glad the folks of Barrie have a good place to check out. I feel the same about Mark's in Bobcaygeon. Mark and his wife have always treated me good. Since we are up there every weekend all summer if I need something Mark doesn't have I tell him one weekend and if he can get it he has it for me when I come up the next weekend. I'm pretty frugal with my money....but every once in awhile I grab something from him I know I can get cheaper in the city. That's my way of saying "thank you" for the way I'm treated there.

X2

Mark always takes time to stop and chat...If he is busy I just wait until he is free...It is like meeting up with an old friend unlike the the place that closed recently...I had the feeling they just wanted your money then "out the door" ( I like to browse )...

Small stores have there place, but you can't tell me that their sales dont take a beating when a big box store opens up around the corner.... Despite the friendly atmosphere of such stores, in larger markets where the big box/category killer store exists, the small guy can't rely on a handful of regulars with all the costs of running a profitable business.

On the other hand, in smaller markets where there is no other option , or where the store has a level of specialization, the small guy can do well and survive.

We have a shop in Hamilton that is just like the one you mention Brian. Bill's Bait & Tackle. Sometimes when I get in their shop I forget what I went in for because of the hospitality. I enjoy going there just to shoot the crap with owners Greg and Tim and the customers, it's a meeting place. If they don't have what you want, they'll be glad to get it for you. All the people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about Bill's.

They are great people at Bill's.

I went in this year looking for 2 black Scotty Boy rod holders as the boat had the mounts preset flush into the gunnels. They didn't have any. Greg asked one of the guys to go to CTC across James to see if they had 2 in black. He would match their price if less. A free coffee latter he came back with 2 that were less than Bill's price. He sold them to me at Crappy Tires sale price. I went in for 2 rod holders and came out with them and 50 bucks worth of stuff on top of that.

Now that's service, and good sales tactics, keep me in there long enough and he knows I'm walking out lighter in the jeans.