cell phone plan for short trip to US

kickingfrog

even with the largest travel package I bought from telus, my 7 day bill was disgusting...

I'm not sure where I missed the "fine print", but I got royally effed somehow....the plan I bought by calling telus was highly misleading, the way they explained the charges was not how I was billed, and it was a losing battle arguing after the fact...I'd suggest going into your providers store and going through the plan details very carefully with somebody

Might want to check into a disposable phone available here in the States and just leave a message on your phone with the temp number. More complicated would be to see if you can forward your phone to the new one. I usually leave a message on my phone saying I am unavailable and to email me or skye and use a tablet on WI FI to get messages.

Art

I've bought travel packages for both Rogers and Telus. I find it dead easy. They have set packages for varying costs depending on your needs. You just pick the one that suits your usage by # of minutes, # of texts and data amount(# of MB). I travel to the US on business and always take my personal cell as well.