Now This Is Entertainment!!!

DRIFTER_016

so that makes it acceptable?!

As a matter of fact it does. He hasn't done anything to affect the city. His opponents have chosen to ride the wave of dissent and their inability to let the man do his job has done more harm to the city.

Rob Ford talking crack in 2005:

Skip to 4:20 and 10:10 for his words.

http://www.cbc.ca/archives/categories/society/crime-justice/general-3/toronto-confronts-crack-cocaine-epidemic.html

LOL!!! Looks like Rob had a change of heart. ITS A CBC CONSPIRACY I TELL YOU!!!! Fair enough. Take any 8 year sequence in your life and tell me you've never deviated from any path you were on.

Not judging Rob Ford for what he did or did not do, but this isn't going away, This is just the beginning.

Lissi will be talking to the cops, there is a lot more still to come.

If that world works the way it should and Lissi does any time at all he will be taken care of as long as he doesn't drop a dime.

I hope that the citizens of Toronto at least have the decency to thank him for making that city relevant again once he is done. The Left Flank has forever carped and moaned about Toronto not being a world class city. Rob has delivered the entitled little saps the "World Class" recognition they have sobbed for. And for Americans who choose to take shots at us up here? 1. They better look inward at their crippled and near death model of society and 2. Should we even care?

Edited cause I keep forgetting to add.... GO ROB GO!!!!!!!!!

Edited by moxie

You gotta be kiddin'!!!

Now lemme think bout that for a sec. The South of Bloor crowd, you know the ones with the useless liberal arts and political sciences degrees? They really take themselves way to seriously. Quite a few of them took up teaching and you see the damage its done to at least a generation? Should have locked them in a dark room with disco lights and lava lamps. The same rooms they spent countless hours smoking weed and dropping acid. Kidding? Don't think so.

So whats the ratio of trade off then? How many "good things" need to be done to turn a blind eye to the bad?

I don't know. Ask Kathleen Whine, McGumby and the rest of the crew who have saddled us and are riding us nose first into the dirt. Noticed she ain't said "boo" about Fordsy? . Why would we pick on her anyway? She and her cronies ain't done nuttin' wrong, have they Gomer? WOW!!!!! Only one connection to be made here folks. Stand up and be counted or else.

Moxie i admire your tenacity to defend Rob and i could care less what he puts inside his body,,,im on the fence with him remaining in office even though he is the only person that can remove himself from his office (sweet deal that is ) but ...the bigger issue i think is his homophobic and racist remarks that are alleged to be on the video...Toronto is multi cultural and holds the largest gay pride parade in the country....oh and then there's that murder incident that he seems to be too close for comfort...there alot comming down the pipe over the next few months...talk about a reality show!

Edited by Twocoda

Ever hear the one about Rob taking a kid living in Toronto housing to the grocery store, filling the cart with food, then walking him to his door only to help fill the fridge? Of course not, it isn't carnage or disrepute.

Or how about how he saved a small fortune contracting out garbage while his predecessor David Mellon let the garbage and the smell associated with it pile up waiting for the citizens to plead for him to strike a union deal. Pssssst. The deal was sealed weeks prior to that mess.

Or how about how he gave his time to coach and raise money for under privileged kids in the hopes of giving them another avenue out of their situation.

How bout Ford Fest where his constituents, neighbors and even his detractors are invited year in and year out to celebrate community in the hopes of bridging the divides between them?

Mistakes he has and will continue to make but I'd rather have a public figure who wears his heart on his sleeve instead of one who rolls up his sleeve in order to grant him/herself easier access into my pockets for his/her own gains and interests.

GO ROB GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know, this might be more of "shaking hands and kissing babies", Rob has also made derogatory and racially charged comments about the youth in TO including his football team

One could argue the economy lost some decent jobs with contracting out of garbage collection, now the only people that prosper are those CEOs at the top of the companies doing the collecting, all the rest get minimum wage

wearing your heart on your sleeve is great, but I wouldn't trust him as far as I can throw him (and I couldn't even lift him)

I don't know, this might be more of "shaking hands and kissing babies", Rob has also made derogatory and racially charged comments about the youth in TO including his football team

One could argue the economy lost some decent jobs with contracting out of garbage collection, now the only people that prosper are those CEOs at the top of the companies doing the collecting, all the rest get minimum wage

wearing your heart on your sleeve is great, but I wouldn't trust him as far as I can throw him (and I couldn't even lift him)

While some people may have lost their jobs, you need to look at the big picture and see that saving the city $11,000,000 annually is better for the city and taxpayers as a whole. It was Ford's idea, but don't forget that council had to pass the garbage changes for it to come into effect meaning the majority of council also thought it was a good idea. I believe 32 voted in favor while only 13 were against the change.

Obviously he isn't perfect, but at least he has been trying to make Toronto a better place while making life more affordable for it's residents.

I'd still choose him over past mayors...

I don't know. Ask Kathleen Whine, McGumby and the rest of the crew who have saddled us and are riding us nose first into the dirt. Noticed she ain't said "boo" about Fordsy? . Why would we pick on her anyway? She and her cronies ain't done nuttin' wrong, have they Gomer? WOW!!!!! Only one connection to be made here folks. Stand up and be counted or else.

Its a completely separate issue. I believe they should be held accountable as well, but crossing the 2 issues is irrelevant. If you're going to defend something or someone, you should at least make yourself seem credible. The petty insults, lame nicknames, and generalizations do not do that for you.

Crack cocaine is just another brick in the crappy wall of Rob Ford's mayoralty. He's an unruly and allegedly violent alcoholic. He's a homophobe and a racist in a city that is world renowned for inclusion and diversity. He surrounds himself with known criminals, appoints them to his executive committee or hires them for his office, AT THE TAXPAYER'S EXPENSE.

There was no 'gravy train' when he took office, numerous audits have shown that. His biggest accomplishment? Privatized garbage collection, eliminating good jobs but saving the city ten million dollars a year. Scrapping Transit City (against all experts' advice) cost an estimated ONE HUNDRED AND FORTY MILLION DOLLARS. That's a fiscal hole no amount of scrimping, saving, and slashing can escape.

Bottom line: who cares that he smoked crack 'in one of [his] drunken stupors'. The point is he's a terrible mayor who has COST THIS CITY MONEY. He's a hypocrite and an embarrassment, and needs to be booted from office at the next election.

Crack cocaine is just another brick in the crappy wall of Rob Ford's mayoralty. He's an unruly and allegedly violent alcoholic. He's a homophobe and a racist in a city that is world renowned for inclusion and diversity. He surrounds himself with known criminals, appoints them to his executive committee or hires them for his office, AT THE TAXPAYER'S EXPENSE.

There was no 'gravy train' when he took office, numerous audits have shown that. His biggest accomplishment? Privatized garbage collection, eliminating good jobs but saving the city ten million dollars a year. Scrapping Transit City (against all experts' advice) cost an estimated ONE HUNDRED AND FORTY MILLION DOLLARS. That's a fiscal hole no amount of scrimping, saving, and slashing can escape.

Bottom line: who cares that he smoked crack 'in one of [his] drunken stupors'. The point is he's a terrible mayor who has COST THIS CITY MONEY. He's a hypocrite and an embarrassment, and needs to be booted from office at the next election.

With that said, who then is going to replace him on the right? I'm sure that many right leaning voters would at this point anyway, gravitate toward a right leaning option as opposed to the steady flow of left wingers who have had the reins in the past.

HH

what are you talking about? nobody even knows who will be running in the 2014 election.

i'm sure there will be more than one candidate who isn't a public drunk, doesn't use city hall letterhead to solicit for personal causes, doesn't use taxpayer money to payroll unaudited cronies in the executive committee, and doesn't ignore all expertise to scrap years' worth of careful planning at a more than hundred million dollar cost.

seriously, hardly any candidate could be worse. rob ford has been a terrible, terrible mayor. he is a lowpoint of canadian politics.