Do we have any bird/duck hunters?

krixxer

In 20 years of hunting I have never been out on a duck hunt.

The thought never crossed my mind but then I have only owned a boat for the last few seasons.

Any of you experienced guys care to "take me under their wing" for a day?

Thank you in advance for your hospitality

I'm in Mississauga

Kris

Edited by krixxer

I'm too far away to take you along, but highly encourage you to get out there.

Duck are one of my favourite hunts, things get fast and furious and the teal and woodies can really test your shooting ability - then when you figure out the right lead and bag a limit - a fantastic reward.

The whistlers will be here soon with the falling temps...

Edited by Out4Trout

I can't take you out. But the season is going to start to heat up soon with the cold temps and snow!

Worst case... Watch some you tube videos, and hit Cook's Bay. They have blinds there that you can drive a 14' boat in too, and bingo bango, your ready to hunt.

the first step in duck hunting is to watch several episodes of duck dynasty to see how a duck hunter has to look and dress. After that you have to practice duck calling at the correct time of the day when the ducks get active. (this is usually at first light of day) and don't worry once you tell the neighbours that you will get better with practice, i'm sure they will not mind.

Duck hunting is a blast, I used to go to Saskatchewan every year when I was younger and it was a great time to bond with the guys and create great memories. if you get a chance to go, do it.

Wow. First time ever duck hunting, and your going to Longpiont!

One heck of a way to start duck hunting!

I've been duck hunting for 10 years, and have never hunted Longpoint. That's a bucket list destination for me!

You are making it sounds like I'm in for a real treat!

I'll bring the camera and post some picture for you Nick, (just to get you reved to make the trip one day)

... another bucket list destination; the whirlpool or devil's hole in the middle of winter just after a good snow storm. ( the beauty just might make you believe in little baby Jesus)