Crappies

benzumi

I use a slow troll with a jigs tipped with a mealworm. I try to get down 1/3 the water column so 12 feet water 4ft jig depth. Once I get a hit I drop a buoy and fish behind it 10ft or so . Today I used 50 mealworms and caught 75 fish it was a bright sunny day so don't let the sun keep you from fishing.

Art

Yes pond X has been very very good to me. I was just scouting and didn't stop to fish any of the pods I found which was about 30. Big fish was 15 inches most were 10-13 inches few were smaller than 9 inches. As a bonus I got a few platter sized bluegills and a few nice bass to mix it up.

Art

Tried a couple times at Chemong in the Fall at night last year. Nothing really hitting. Depending on the weather next week, if the winds are in our favour we'll try during the day and look for those deeper weed patches. Nothing like catching a giant slab on an ultra-light!

have the i

We sometimes get them off the dock at my buddy's marina on the French this time of year. I'm hoping to try next weekend. We pretty much employ standard ice tactics.

Really? At the French River? We go up there every year. Never came across any Crappie. Are you on the upper or lower?