Info on this old paddle

Was cleaning the garage today and found this old paddle (pics below) It was found by my daughter and I a few years ago.

We recovered it from the bottom of the Scugog river. We were fishing and spotted it on the river bed, It was covered with green slime and zebra muscles. I dragged it home much to the disapproval of my wife lol.

Anyway any thoughts or do you know anyone who might know much about paddles? I assume its of no significance but who knows, worste case it makes a cool wall mount.

Sorry pics aren't great

DSC03628.jpg

DSC03629.jpg

DSC03630.jpg

I can't help I.d the paddle, but that's pretty neat I gotta say. Google serch "Peterborough Canoe Museum" Perhaps they may point you in the right direction. Cool find.

Ha never thought, guess they would have as good of idea as anyone.

here's email from the Canadian Canoe Museum. http://www.canoemuseum.ca/

Hi Mark,
Thanks for sharing these photographs of your paddle with us. What an interesting find and a great story for you and your daughter.
As you suggest, the fact that it is of laminated construction of contrasting woods suggests a more recent manufacture. I too have never seen any other examples of paddle blades with a coarsely serrated edge like this. It doesn't fit with any of the classic deliberately-modified paddles, such as beaver trapping (eg. long shaft and metal hook on blade for lifting out trapset, etc) and I'm at a loss.
I do appreciate your offer to donate this to our museum. Given its apparent recent manufacture and that we have nothing to attribute to its shape, we'll decline your offer with thanks. It would end up buried and forgotten here, among our 500+ paddles and I think that it will be better appreciated in your rec room.
I'm happy to have seen it and, if I ever come across a possible explanation of this blade modification, I'll be sure to let you know.