OK OK ENOUGHS ENOUGH

misfish

I come here almost every day. I almost never post in the "fishing" threads, because there's usually nothing I can add that someone hasn't already. To be honest, I forget the last time I actually learned something here that I didn't already know. I have zero interest in anything about centre pins, salmon, fishing tribs, etc, and there's a lot of that here. Basically if it wasn't for the non-fishing threads, I probably wouldn't come here.

The locked threads are (for me anyway) by far the most interesting threads on this site. Whenever I see a thread is locked, I always click on it. Often I wonder why it was locked and think the only possibility is "too entertaining". That's on those occasions when the obvious reason for the lock isn't "too embarrassing to conservatives". Hey-oh!

This thread will be locked.

agreed. I come here to read fishing reports but have been sucked into other various posts. Its evident that threads get shut down for personal reasons or disagreements with statements. Kind of sad really.

Used to be a resourceful site for FISHING and now its just a joke.

I have too much to do today. Busier than a 3 legged cat burying a turd on a frozen pond. I'll be back sometime today to add my 2 cents to this thread. In the meantime, food for thought: Ours is the busiest fishing community in Canada (real numbers) so we should all be proud as contributors to our success. Those who don't like it here ahhh what can I say, you're still here so I'm not worried. Anyhow, gotta get some stuff done, back as soon as I can.

ps. Brian, you should have marked the thread "NF". :)

Toodles.

While we wait for Roy to return I will add my .02 cents worth. What the members see on a thread is not all of the information that the Moderators see. We see the reports from members that alert us to a thread that is breaking the rules. We see the comments that we remove that are inflaming the threads. We then have just a few minutes to make a decision on will this thread be corrupted again or will it fly straight without consuming our time. We all have lives to live we get the fact that every one wants to be the hero of the internet and say the right thing and have people hang onto our every word. It will not happen on either end some of the members will always be disappointed with the way the forum is moderated and the moderators will once again ask themselves why do I keep this site open when all we get is kicked in the balls again and again and again.

Food for thought folks this is not a money maker for us I make over $100.00 an hour as a Company owner and Master Plumber the time I share with this board and the people are because I love the people and the community it has grown into. If you think it is a power trip for me to lock a thread your world is to small in any given day, the decisions I make at work on one job affect projects with costs that affect both people and business that could buy and sell the net worth of this board 20 times a day.

Winter is coming and we allow a little more lateral in this season but realize it does not mean you can break the rules. Keep in mind as you bash the moderators that we are people to and when the last one of us says "Uncle" the light will be turned off.

Thanks for reading my rant I am glad I asked Roy to watch over this thread My first impulse was to lock it down, he has taken a better course of action. I am grateful both for his knowledge and tact.

Art