This insanity has to stop!!!!!

Big Cliff

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

:wub: have we not all been civil thus far?

i won't argue about why i have been moderated (or banned) in the past. those whom didn't like what i've said have their views about what transpired, and i have mine.

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

No actually you were "modified" for breaking the rules. I don't have anything vested in Canadian politics so I judge them not for there views but for their content as they apply to the rules.

please keep this civil and fact based and it will continue.

Art

It seems somewhat disingenuous to me that you claim the mods here don't tend to be more lenient of conservative comments and commentators than progressive ones.

It's their site and they can control content in any way they see fit...but let's not delude ourselves.

Fishing is a traditional pastime and tends to attract individuals with traditional "values". The site administrators recognize this and would be cutting their own throats if they allowed a few wavy-gravy hippies to be spouting off ideology that most of the Community disagrees with or, in some cases, finds downright upsetting to hear. Who can blame them for crafting the page to appeal to their core audience? It just shows they're good at running the site that they do. If they were running a site for agnostic poverty-activists who are fans of the Daily Show, they'd be just as prudent to lean a lot further the other way.

They certainly do a good job of keeping things respectful. When someone (regardless of political persuasion) steps out of line, or things between more than one individual gets heated and civility starts to break down, they lock stuff up and reprimand rule breakers. I just think they tend to lean to the right in how quick they are to take action. But like I say, that's their prerogative and in the best interest of the site to do so.

By the way, if anyone knows of a site for agnostic poverty-activists who are fans of the Daily Show, please message me the link. Hey-oh!

It's important to remember that every government has its "best before" date. And accordingly, media always hates the current government (whatever party it is) and feasts on presenting stories of scandal and crisis, because quite frankly, that's what sells newspapers and drives viewership. Go back through history and you will see clearly that no government has ever escaped this. The media has hated them all.

While I discount a lot of what I read in the papers, I do accept information from credible, unbiased sources like the auditor general. And given that this is the third time the auditor general has identified major problems with the Ontario Liberals' accounting (the other two being e-health and Ornge, at about $1 billion apiece), this government has clearly reached its expiry date and needs to go out in the compost toute-de-suite.

Edited by Craig_Ritchie

It seems somewhat disingenuous to me that you claim the mods here don't tend to be more lenient of conservative comments and commentators than progressive ones.

It's their site and they can control content in any way they see fit...but let's not delude ourselves.

Yup, most often political threads are closed quickly.

Usually a mod will comment, this is a fishing site go Google a political forum.

Noticed that threads ripping the provincial Liberals don't get locked.

There is inconsistency.

Fishing is a traditional pastime and tends to attract individuals with traditional "values". The site administrators recognize this and would be cutting their own throats if they allowed a few wavy-gravy hippies to be spouting off ideology that most of the Community disagrees with or, in some cases, finds downright upsetting to hear. Who can blame them for crafting the page to appeal to their core audience? It just shows they're good at running the site that they do. If they were running a site for agnostic poverty-activists who are fans of the Daily Show, they'd be just as prudent to lean a lot further the other way.

They certainly do a good job of keeping things respectful. When someone (regardless of political persuasion) steps out of line, or things between more than one individual gets heated and civility starts to break down, they lock stuff up and reprimand rule breakers. I just think they tend to lean to the right in how quick they are to take action. But like I say, that's their prerogative and in the best interest of the site to do so.

By the way, if anyone knows of a site for agnostic poverty-activists who are fans of the Daily Show, please message me the link. Hey-oh!

Actually I spoke for myself as a moderator in that I do not judge political views in Canadian politics I am not Canadian so I read them for rule breaking not for views. I do rely on the other Moderators to judge things as they see with the insight of the Canadian system as they rely on me to Moderate the ones on US political views.

Hope this clears this up. :D

Art

I agree 100%, and couldn't say it any better.

I do sometimes enjoy reading what a few dolt trollers and true animal activists have to say for entertainment purposes only. The amazing thing is that the P3ta folks actually believe what they say most times. The admin folks should let that side pipe in once and a while this winter, if only to break the boredom with the lack of soft water threads. I can only read so much about ice fishing and hunting and stay interested. Just a thought.

The admin folks should let that side pipe in once and a while this winter, if only to break the boredom with the lack of soft water threads. I can only read so much about ice fishing and hunting and stay interested. Just a thought.

No need to worry about boredom, there's plenty of entertainment around here during the winter.

An example of inane, unfocused, diatribes in political threads.....

I do sometimes enjoy reading what a few dolt trollers and true animal activists have to say for entertainment purposes only. The amazing thing is that the P3ta folks actually believe what they say most times. The admin folks should let that side pipe in once and a while this winter, if only to break the boredom with the lack of soft water threads.

The amount of 'dolt trollers' and 'P3ta folks' contributing to these threads is near zero. The amount of 'animal activists' conrtibuting for your entertainment purpose is near zero.......ughhhh