This insanity has to stop!!!!!

Big Cliff

Just heard on the radio yesterday that Kathleen Wynne has just donated $400,000,000.00 (yes, 400 million) of our tax dollars to the horse racing industry. There has been horse racing since there were horses. The industry can't sustain itself!

Why in the world would she spend any of our hard earned money to support an industry that clearly isn't a necessity, that the majority of the people don't want, need, use or can afford. If I wanted to support horse racing I'd go to the race track.

The very next thing I heard was that the food bank is begging for donations to help feed people. Don't you think that $400,000,000.00 could have put a lot of food on a lot of people's plates. I guess she thinks horses are more important than people!

The Liberals caused the problem in the first place with race tracks shutting down and jobs being lost. Now Wynne is trying to revive, what she was killing, by throwing money at it. Maybe they can add that to our hydro too.

Liberals are so far out of touch, with the common taxpayer, money has no meaning to them. Yet they have their loyal supporters who see no wrong and will vote them back in the next election. Must be an awful lot of Liberal voters who are well enough off that the tax burden given by the Liberals doesn't hurt at all.

Edited by Overcast

I don't like the Liberals and don't really care about horse racing. I don't agree with this move, but can see she's trying to (rightly or wrongly) save a dying industry and some of the jobs associated with it. The conservatives are all about giving BILLION$ in tax breaks, subsidies, and grants to extremely profitable companies who don't need the money except to further deepen the pockets of executives, owners and shareholders. I don't know why that doesn't outrage people more.

Edited by fishNwire

IF Horse racing is so needed then it should be self sustaning. Why should I have to work to support something I don't use, and don't care about. Now I have had horse meat before and it was quite good. If raising horses to race isn't profitable, then raise them for meat. We do it for pigs, cows, chickens, what is the differance?

I don't like the Liberals and don't really care about horse racing. I don't agree with this move, but can see she's trying to (rightly or wrongly) save a dying industry and some of the jobs associated with it. The conservatives are all about giving BILLION$ in tax breaks, subsidies, and grants to extremely profitable companies who don't need the money except to further deepen the pockets of executives, owners and shareholders. I don't know why that doesn't outrage people more.

fishNwire,

The dying industry you talk about was surviving until the Liberals started interfering with it last year. The Liberals were warned about thousands of jobs being lost and business closures but in their infinite knowledge the Liberals went ahead with their plan as usual and devastated the industry. Now they are wasting 400 million dollars by throwing it into the wind to buy votes in the next election again. Important words for you to study carefully ....... >She caused the JOB LOSSES....She cause THE INDUSTRY TO DIE. Mistakes after mistakes and you defend them.

I can't afford a Liberal Party. They don't care about tax payers. All these mistakes are millions after millions after millions and billions after billions after billions in wasteful spending and cuts. Wynne's Green policy is killing Ontario. I am sorry you don't see that.

The list goes on and on. You certainly do sound like a closet Liberal to me or a troll. Sounds like you don't know that the Liberals are doing the same thing that you mentioned about the Conservatives but are causing much more damage to Ontario with their so called mistakes.

Edited by Overcast

fishNwire,

The dying industry you talk about was surviving until the Liberals started interfering with it last year. The Liberals were warned about thousands of jobs being lost and business closures but in their infinite knowledge the Liberals went ahead with their plan as usual and devastated the industry. Now they are wasting 400 million dollars by throwing it into the wind to buy votes in the next election again. Important words for you to study carefully ....... >She caused the JOB LOSSES....She cause THE INDUSTRY TO DIE. Mistakes after mistakes and you defend them.

I can't afford a Liberal Party. They don't care about tax payers. All these mistakes are millions after millions after millions and billions after billions after billions in wasteful spending and cuts. Wynne's Green policy is killing Ontario. I am sorry you don't see that.

The list goes on and on. You certainly do sound like a closet Liberal to me or a troll. Sounds like you don't know that the Liberals are doing the same thing that you mentioned about the Conservatives but are causing much more damage to Ontario with their so called mistakes.

buddy...calm down. No wonder threads get locked on these boards so quickly.

I see you missed the part where I said, "I don't like the Liberals"...I guess me hiding it right at the very beginning of my post threw you. I didn't "defend" them either. So settle right down, Chum.

Obviously you can't handle hearing anything negative about your beloved Conservatives. Do you really think anyone who feels differently must be a "troll"?

Maybe if your gang's social platform wasn't repugnant to most Canadians, you'd win a few more elections and be able to implement financial policy. Too bad you folks are too busy worrying about stopping abortion and gay marriage.

Political threads on fishing forum. Gotta love it!

They don't get locked as long as it is bashing the Fiberals.

With the PC's led by Hudak wanting to give everyone temporary minimum wage part time jobs. The conservative druggie Ford brothers etc,,,,,.....Maybe the NDP are the choice.

Just graduated from college last time tNDP were in power and was offered a bunch of well paying unionized jobs.

Mike Harris PC's came to power and i lost good job due to lack of seniority in the sick union busting crap.

Edited by ehg

Political threads on fishing forum. Gotta love it!

They don't get locked as long as it is bashing the Fiberals.

PC is just as bad on a larger scale..have you read a newspaper in the last year? ...If political threads tick you off...you still have the right not to click on them....for the time being anyways