prop guy in the GTA?

squiggy

are there any "goto" prop guys in the gta? looking to get a prop reworked (not repaired). rpm #;s are in the lower end of the operating range, 5300 rpm is max im getting and max for the motor is 5750 rpm. wanted to see if there is anything they can do with the current prop to get me a little more rpm. thanks

my 150 optimax wont turn a 19p tempest plus on my boat (max rpm is 5000 with that one), bought a 17p tempest plus and gained 400rpm so it put me at 5400 rpm, raised the motor another hole hoping to gain another 100-150 rpm but ended up losing 100 rpm and it put me at 5300 max trimmed out, can figure out why I lost rpm instead. im looking for someone to work on the 19p tempest to repitch it to a 17 and maybe shave some weight off it to get my rpms up a bit more. think they call it labbed or blueprinted, something like that, and keep the 17p as a spare. just thinking about this right now whether I want to go that route or not but id like to talk with whoever first to see if they can do it. thanks again for the recommendations :good:. either that or sell the 19p and try another prop out

Edited by sqyuiggy

my 150 optimax wont turn a 19p tempest plus on my boat (max rpm is 5000 with that one), bought a 17p tempest plus and gained 400rpm so it put me at 5400 rpm, raised the motor another hole hoping to gain another 100-150 rpm but ended up losing 100 rpm and it put me at 5300 max trimmed out, can figure out why I lost rpm instead. im looking for someone to work on the 19p tempest to repitch it to a 17 and maybe shave some weight off it to get my rpms up a bit more. think they call it labbed or blueprinted, something like that, and keep the 17p as a spare. just thinking about this right now whether I want to go that route or not but id like to talk with whoever first to see if they can do it. thanks again for the recommendations :good:. either that or sell the 19p and try another prop out

City Wide changed my prop from a 19P to a 17P.No problem he said.Works well,two years now.