Quite the tale my daughter has to tell at school tomorrow

Muskieman

I took Megan out for a few casts after supper tonight , the Walleye are starting to come up the river .. Here's the tale , Megan caught a Walleye 12" or so , then a Pike about 25" attacked the Walleye .. No biggie right? Here's the part I've never seen or heard of before in my almost 40 years of fishing, a Muskie 40" or more came along nailing and swimming away with both the Pike and the Walleye , so Megan had a food chain on her line , Minnow , Walleye , Pike and a Muskie all at once , the Muskie got away with the Pike and Megan got away with the Walleye ... one happy little Fishergirl !

Pike with Walleye in mouth  photo meg3_zps06e9c64d.jpg

Victim.  photo meg2_zpsc84b41ca.jpg

and another Walleye.  photo meg_zps82634653.jpg All in all Megan caught 2 Walleye a decent Smallie , and got to see something she ( we ) might NEVER see again ! A great memory made tonight :) Randy

Great story Randy, I'm sure your daughter will never forget that!

A number of years ago while steelheading I hooked a nice chrome fish in the 10lb class. While fighting it a mallard flying low over the water got caught in my mainline which amazingly didn't break. Even more amazing the fish stayed hooked. As I battled both fish and bird an older guy came walking down to the river walking his black lab. The dog immediately bounded into the river to grab the duck which by this time was floundering on the surface about 20' from shore. Amazingly the fish still didn't break off.

The dog dragged the bird to shore and in the process more or less beached my fish.

I landed all three.