Hockey thread 2013 2014 season

muskymatt

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

jeez.. you'd think the leafs had won last night or something!

my old man was at the game in chicago last night cheering on his leafs. something tells me he had a few beers after the game in his "heritage" jersey lol

MM what exactly have the sens accomplished in the last 48 years? Since neither has won the cup in that time span I would say the only fair comparison between the two teams would be there playoff records against each other.

Do we have to do this again? Ok, here it is.

The Sens haven't been in the league 48 years, they came in for the 92-93 season. So lets compare the stats from then. Or do you want to compare against other teams who weren't in the league like the Moosejaw marauders again, cause I'm pretty sure you have them beat seeing as they don't exist! :wallbash::rolleyes:

#1)

SENS

14 out of 20 playoff showings(didn't qualify 1st 4 seasons back in league)

Conference champs 1 time

Division champs 4 times

Presidents trophy 1 time

Stanley cup finalist 1 time

#2)

laffs

1 division champ

11 out of 20 playoff showings

So, now we can do the math

add #1 and #2 together

1+2= laffs suck!!

:w00t::rofl2::rofl2::clapping::jerry:

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

hey, you're like, the musky matt of leaf fans! we're talking hockey, and you're talking to yourself!

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

Maybe it's time to bring up TJ Brennen. Ranger and Gardiner have been really struggling. Its time to shake up the defensive corps a bit to see if that will help settle the D down.

I like Gardiner, I think Randy has been holding him back a bit... Ranger on the other hand I could care less if he's traded/whatever. He hasn't done anything.. I realize it's only been 8 games but he's making the same mistakes over and over again..

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

I'm actually referring to you and how utterly useless you and huskymatt are on this thread. Get a REAL team

ya. you're really bringing a lot to the table right now.

I think Gardiner needs not to be on a leash, balls out, he's gonna cost the team a few but if he's going to be Bobby Orr, he needs to play his game

like Bill said, I like Gardiner too, I hope they don't trade him soon

In a game like Saturdays (CHI), guys like Clarkson, McLaren, and Orr running around, and Fraser out there too could have made Chicago's skaters not wanting to go into the corners or come free-wheeling through neutral zone

seeing Kostka out there, I think he was a solid, cheap D man

I think what the leafs are missing is a guy like Leo Komorov, how effective was this guy down the stretch last year? There is no one on the team that just goes out and hit guys and plays a solid defensive game, hopefully Clarkson sparks some guys with his play when he comes back this Friday.

Another note, Mclaren may make his debut as well on Friday!!! Can't wait for the Leafs to bring the fists back into the equation, which is another large missing piece of their game that made them so effective last season.

yes, clarkson, fraser will bring some physical play when they return

kulemin, albeit a bit of an enigma offensively is really strong on the wall too and will help in the puck possession game, a place where we've struggled.

not sure mclaren will get in the lineup to be honest unless they are playing some big teams
Edited by Raf

Kyle Mclearen and Clarkson will be back fri night..Orr will be sat.. We havent had a fight in 4 games..Montreal has more fights then the leafs..
As for Kuli, he wont be burried.As many have said here already he is tough on the board play..That kind of guy is tough to replace..Komarov is indeed missed but thats because we havent seen Clarkson play on the record yet..In blue and white that is..Were getting healthy and some key guys back. Go Leafs Go!
Who in this thread is in the OFC pool on yahoo? Was just wondering if any of you guys were going to make it interesting, your looking at the leader after week 3!