Hockey thread 2013 2014 season

muskymatt

I'm not about to defend Nazem (and certainly not his agent), but I'm not going to bury him either. He is not under contract. Training camp doesn't start for almost 4 weeks. As much as young players need camp if he doesn't have a contract he can't take the chance of skating with the team (if the team even lets him).The Leafs know this, Nazem knows this.

This is a negotiation, please don't act like it's the first one you've witnessed.

The league got their 3 year entry level contracts they wanted because they kept blowing their brains out on duds (Alexandre Daigle would be exhibit A). The result is now they can't make up their minds on what the market on these RFAs is before they become UFAs.

have to agree, and how about those jays :wallbash: lmao

From what I can tell, Kadri should just shut up, sign a deal for two years and play. He will have the team by the short and curlys in two years, if he performs at the expected level.

That's when the sun will shine for him and he will make alot of hay... I just don't get the short sightedness.

HH

From what I can tell, Kadri should just shut up, sign a deal for two years and play. He will have the team by the short and curlys in two years, if he performs at the expected level.

That's when the sun will shine for him and he will make alot of hay... I just don't get the short sightedness.

HH

Exactly,

1 half season of good hockey doesn't mean you deserve 5.5 mil and a long term deal the next year. 1 more solid (full season) and get the extension you deserve. Even though I like Nazem, he has a lot of growing up to do in the maturity and work ethic department. Never chirp Bob Mackenzie!!!!

Go Leafs Go

Exactly,

1 half season of good hockey doesn't mean you deserve 5.5 mil and a long term deal the next year. 1 more solid (full season) and get the extension you deserve. Even though I like Nazem, he has a lot of growing up to do in the maturity and work ethic department. Never chirp Bob Mackenzie!!!!

Go Leafs Go

I don't get how he "chirped" Bob Mackenzie, all he said was "False Bobo" .... It's like he called Bob Mackenzie what his player name on the ice would be.

Again the Toronto Media is blowing a story out of proportion and us (the fans) do not know the real story behind this. I just hope the kid understands the non sense that is the Toronto media, and pick up where he left off last season.

X2 agree with HH.

However, he can chirp Bob Mackenzie all he wants. That guy...... never mind.

HH

Kadri is a great player. In his short amount of games that he has played, he has proven to be an asset. He is just trying to get some money for his troubles. Not his fault that they used up so much cap space signing David Clarkson for 5+mil/year, the big contract for Bozak,etc. We shall see what happens....

He will play hard ball just like Subban, Drew Doughty,etc.

Some of the media guys are very sensitive. They do not like the tables being even slightly turned. TV, radio and newsprint. They have had the almost exclusive ability to influence the fans but now some players can reach out to a section of fans and counter a talking head and some of them are very hissy about it.

Kadri is a great player. In his short amount of games that he has played, he has proven to be an asset. He is just trying to get some money for his troubles. Not his fault that they used up so much cap space signing David Clarkson for 5+mil/year, the big contract for Bozak,etc. We shall see what happens....

He will play hard ball just like Subban, Drew Doughty,etc.

Lets see if he can put a good full season together before he is adorned with the "great" label!!!!

I really want to see Kadri on the team this year. But his contract expectations are way off. He came into the shortend season on fire, but he was already in shape from playing for the Marlies since the season started. No other Leaf had that advantage. He scored a couple of hat tricks. Great. But when the rest of the league caught up with him (in the playoffs) HE WAS A NO SHOW. The kid has 99 NHL games under his belt and he is demanding a Phil Kessel like contract. Not gonna happen in Toronto.

Kadri is one of the most overrated and arrogant players in the league for having not proved anything in his career...

He's one of those players that shows up against the worst teams in the league, then disappears against any decent team.

Where was he in the playoffs??? Did he even play?? lmao.

He needs to put his ego aside, until he actually proves something in the league.

Last year was a complete joke and def not a way to accurately measure teams or players, only playing half the teams in the league and half the games.

Hence why the Leafs actually made the playoffs....

We'll see how the Leafs and SIDNEY KADRI do in a full season against ALL the teams.

Kadri is one of the most overrated and arrogant players in the league for having not proved anything in his career...

He's one of those players that shows up against the worst teams in the league, then disappears against any decent team.

Where was he in the playoffs??? Did he even play?? lmao.

He needs to put his ego aside, until he actually proves something in the league.

Last year was a complete joke and def not a way to accurately measure teams or players, only playing half the teams in the league and half the games.

Hence why the Leafs actually made the playoffs....

We'll see how the Leafs and SIDNEY KADRI do in a full season against ALL the teams.

Ah hahahah!!!! LOL

Sens fans have no creditability anyways, so why even waste your time.

You shoulda just chimed in with how much more better the sens will be this year, like how Bobby Ryan will score 50 goals this year, and Erik karlesson will win another Norris ...... That way people will actually read what a sens fan thinks!!!! LOL

Edited by Chotchkies House

Kadri hasn't even had a 'career' yet, what does the kid need to prove? Does everyone really think it's him and not his agent that's being the hardass in all of this? From what I can tell he kid wants to play hockey and that's about it. Look at all the other pros that don't show up during the playoffs and people are surprised Kadri didn't? Seriously, are you guys even hockey fans or just come into threads like this and spout your nonsense?

I saw kadri play a few games in person and this kid, and make no mistake he is still a kid has serious hockey skills. He is clearly not a number 1 center as he is lacking the size and face off ability. He plays a gritty game, grittier than his size. He plays every shift with heart. He can put the puck in the net and make great passes. The problem with his role is that its not defined. He was stuffed on a line where he didn't fit. He was brought up and down and benched for ever little thing he did wrong. I am not saying he is the end all and be all. But is a very good player. IMO one of the most talented players on the leafs.

As someone mentioned ask the habs next year if the bridge contract was worth it. The big question is do you think Kadri will catch lightning in a bottle this year. If the answer is yes then a bridge contract will kill the leafs. If not than a bridge is the way to go. I am looking forward to seeing Kadri continue to grow. It has been a long time since the leafs had a player with this much skill at such a young age. They just need to keep shaping him and put him on the ice in the right circumstances.