Hockey thread 2013 2014 season

muskymatt

who needs kessel when you've got BFR!

Lol it took me a while to figure out who BFR was... Yes I have him on the OFC fantasay pool.. 2 goals for a plus one on the night! so far..My team is leading our little pool partly because of him....

Lol, yea I'm done with even acknowledging a particular person's posts on this thread. He can say whatever he wants, WE'RE LEAF NATION, we'll always be the better team. The remarks made are simply classless and I hope not a fair representation of the entire fan base.

As the OP of this thread, I think MM has every right to make comments. He started the thread. Some of us need to grow thicker skin or pause a moment before hitting the "post" button.

Comments like the one above, will get this thread locked. Not what anyone here wants to see happen.

That all said, it's gotta be a good day to be a Sen's fan and not a Dead Things fan! LOL

HH

As the OP of this thread, I think MM has every right to make comments. He started the thread. Some of us need to grow thicker skin or pause a moment before hitting the "post" button.

Comments like the one above, will get this thread locked. Not what anyone here wants to see happen.

That all said, it's gotta be a good day to be a Sen's fan and not a Dead Things fan! LOL

HH

Really? Are you defending the nasty comments made? "Thick skin" or not, it was uncalled for. Perhaps you are a Senorita or a Scabs, but we don't need your pseudo mod comments to justify nonsense in our Leaf thread.

The pseudo mods are almost as distasteful as the troll.

The obvious troll, as well as some less obvious ones want this locked.

I thought you were starting fresh? :dunno:

Obviously not! :rolleyes:

Why would I want this thread locked? I started it with the intent of a 2013-2014 NHL discussion area where a little ribbing, a few tasteless jabs, some bantering and some genuine hockey talk could take place. Obviously you are a bit delusional to this intent, as you put it. How is a guy who initiates and is a majority participant in a thread considered a troll? Beats me, but must fall into the same rational as thinking the laffs are actually going to win the cup every year, because if for no other reason "They are the laffs"

Really? Are you defending the nasty comments made? "Thick skin" or not, it was uncalled for. Perhaps you are a Senorita or a Scabs, but we don't need your pseudo mod comments to justify nonsense in our Leaf thread.

You're just a misguided, brainwashed nasty little piece of work aren't you? What are you, like 14-15 years old? I can see the cleaning solvents were never locked up in your house were they? Since when did it become your thread? :asshat::clapping::w00t:

So yea, Clarkson comes back tomorrow!!!! I bet he scores, gets in a scrap, and levels a guy!!! This guy will change the entire demeanour of out team!!!

Yeah , one guy is going to fix a whole team who struggles with defense, hard work along the boards and 48 years of sucking. You got that figured out pretty good don't you? Just shows what your fabric is now, don't it?

:blahblah1::blahblah1::blahblah1:

Edited by muskymatt

I come in here to read this one on occasion. Im not canadian, nor am i a leafs/senators/habs fan.........Im a bottom of the league, Sabres fan. However, i found bits and pieces of it entertaining. Its becoming unreadable anymore except on game nights where theres actually some constructive hockey comments.

Looks as though this is not going to get any better.

Agreed!

And totally outside the expectations I had hoped for. Seems there is a lack of humor and ability to banter without folks taking it way too seriously.

It wouldn't break my heart to see it shut down.

Infact, I would go as far as to suggest it.

Then the clique can start their own without the participation of trolls.

Matt,if you feel so bad about the thread you started,take a step back and let us enjoy the leafs for what they are. I and many ,many leafs fans want to discuss this in a reasonable fashion. As now only one leafs thread is allowed.Does this work for you?.Just my 2 cents worth.Don't come back again and ruin it enough that it gets locked.

Edited by davey buoy

Agreed!

And totally outside the expectations I had hoped for. Seems there is a lack of humor and ability to banter without folks taking it way too seriously.

At least you admit you troll the crap out of this thread.

Some good news and some bad.

http://blog.mapleleafs.com/rielly-makes-the-team-lupul-goes-for-x-ray-on-foot/

There was lots of news at Leafs practice Thursday morning. Rookie defenceman Morgan Rielly was told prior to practice that he had made the team and will be sticking around following his ninth game tomorrow night in Columbus. Rielly has played well in eight games recording four assists.

The news wasn’t as good for Joffrey Lupul as the forward took a Paul Ranger shot off his foot, departed practice and went for x-rays. The team announced that Lupul has a bruised foot and is considered day-to-day. The Leafs recalled Josh Leivo from the Toronto Marlies.

Head coach Randy Carlyle also told the media that Frazer McLaren will be available for Friday’s game.

As for updates on Mark Fraser and Nikolai Kulemin they both skated before practice and are expected to make the road trip next week to Western Canada but they might not be ready to play at that point.

Post-practice video with Carlyle, Rielly, McLaren, David Clarkson

Some videos @ the link.

Edited by DRIFTER_016

Lupes will be ok, bruised foot..Him and Kuliman have completely ticked off Coach Randy and Dave Nunas..They (the players) were mandated to wear foot protection at ALL times so these accidents wont happen..Its a clear plastic sleeve that goes over the skate laces around the foot to the ankle.

I thought you were starting fresh? :dunno:

Obviously not! :rolleyes:

Why would I want this thread locked? I started it with the intent of a 2013-2014 NHL discussion area where a little ribbing, a few tasteless jabs, some bantering and some genuine hockey talk could take place. Obviously you are a bit delusional to this intent, as you put it. How is a guy who initiates and is a majority participant in a thread considered a troll? Beats me, but must fall into the same rational as thinking the laffs are actually going to win the cup every year, because if for no other reason "They are the laffs"

You're just a misguided, brainwashed nasty little piece of work aren't you? What are you, like 14-15 years old? I can see the cleaning solvents were never locked up in your house were they? Since when did it become your thread? :asshat::clapping::w00t:

Yeah , one guy is going to fix a whole team who struggles with defense, hard work along the boards and 48 years of sucking. You got that figured out pretty good don't you? Just shows what your fabric is now, don't it?

:blahblah1::blahblah1::blahblah1:

Agreed!

Your comprehension rivals your civility. We know how/why you started this and despite what has been attempted you've got exactly what you wanted.

funny people try to talk about the actual game and people ignore or do not engage in conversation... but toss around some insults and banter and all of a sudden everyone's chiming in. Even fish don't take the bait so easily.

Lots of games tonight. Hoping Tampa can take down Chicago tonight, as well as New Jersey over Vancouver.. Also hoping Cam Talbot can build himself a name with a good career debut!

Leafs have back to back games, start Reimer vs Columbus and Bernier against Pitt? Should be interesting.