Hockey thread 2013 2014 season

muskymatt

With the start of a full season after the lockout just around the corner you have to wonder about Kadris attitude and conduct.

Being disrespectful to one of the pioneers of modern hockey reporting. WTH

Who does this guy think he is?

Has he been smoking up with Rob Ford?

Does he really think he is worth that much money?

Is this guy for real, holding out???? :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Stay tuned next week for another exciting episode of "As the laff turns"

:rofl2::clapping:

Not sure he,s worth more,but being put on the back burner,when he should of been in the line up long ago to show he could play,I can see having a good shorten season,make him think he,s worth it. Myself,he,s not.Good young player ? Yes. Like said,he needs to put a whole season together. Welcome back lowly sens praise ALFIE fan..Dont feel bad. We went through the same thing with trader Sundin.LMAO

What you talking about willis...he has played 99 games what more does he have to prove!

He not doing anything different than any other young greedy hockey player these days.

Up and down in the minors over 4 seasons is not exactly an established player

2009–10 Toronto Maple Leafs NHL 1 0 0 0 0 — — — — — 2010–11 Toronto Marlies AHL 44 17 24 41 62 — — — — — 2010–11 Toronto Maple Leafs NHL 29 3 9 12 8 — — — — — 2011–12 Toronto Maple Leafs NHL 21 5 2 7 8 — — — — — 2011–12 Toronto Marlies AHL 48 18 22 40 39 11 3 7 10 6 2012–13 Toronto Marlies AHL 27 8 18 26 26 — — — — — 2012–13 Toronto Maple Leafs NHL

Up and down in the minors over 4 seasons is not exactly an established player

2009–10 Toronto Maple Leafs NHL 1 0 0 0 0 — — — — — 2010–11 Toronto Marlies AHL 44 17 24 41 62 — — — — — 2010–11 Toronto Maple Leafs NHL 29 3 9 12 8 — — — — — 2011–12 Toronto Maple Leafs NHL 21 5 2 7 8 — — — — — 2011–12 Toronto Marlies AHL 48 18 22 40 39 11 3 7 10 6 2012–13 Toronto Marlies AHL 27 8 18 26 26 — — — — — 2012–13 Toronto Maple Leafs NHL

Pretty sure that you missed the sarcasm.

Well it is undeniable that the Leafs will be talked about here, so I've edited the title to make it a Leafs thread. Anyone not interested simply does not have to click. Any Leafs topics posted eslewhere will either be moved or deleted at the moderators discretion. Fair enough?

Well it is undeniable that the Leafs will be talked about here, so I've edited the title to make it a Leafs thread. Anyone not interested simply does not have to click. Any Leafs topics posted eslewhere will either be moved or deleted at the moderators discretion. Fair enough?

Actually, it's supposed to be a Laffs suck thread, but it's close enough! :whistling:

I'm not about to defend Nazem (and certainly not his agent), but I'm not going to bury him either. He is not under contract. Training camp doesn't start for almost 4 weeks. As much as young players need camp if he doesn't have a contract he can't take the chance of skating with the team (if the team even lets him).The Leafs know this, Nazem knows this.

This is a negotiation, please don't act like it's the first one you've witnessed.

The league got their 3 year entry level contracts they wanted because they kept blowing their brains out on duds (Alexandre Daigle would be exhibit A). The result is now they can't make up their minds on what the market on these RFAs is before they become UFAs.

You guys are incredible!!!

Tell me when was the last time the leafs drafted such a talented offensive player? And when was the last leaf to score 2 hat tricks in half a season?

This guy is the real deal, he should of been playing with the leafs the year he was drafted, his agent just wants fair market value for his client, look at other young players in the NHL that put up similar numbers in half a season, and see what they're getting paid.

He's has what cherry calls "magic hands", is quick on his skates, and has a mean side to him. This kid has heart and has done everything the leafs have asked of him since day 1.

I hope for 1 of 3 things;

1. He holds out and the leafs tank the first part of the season.... You can bet he'll get what he wants then

2. A team signs him to an offer sheet, and give up a 1st and 3rd rd pick in next years draft.... Totally worth it for this caliber of player

3. Leafs trade him and see him flourish with another team, which we leaf fans have seen before.... Many times over.

The leafs seriously screwed with this guy since drafting him, and I hope he screws them back.

Edited by Chotchkies House

Subban held out at the beginning of last shortened season and all of its training camp. He settled,got a good 2 yr contract and started HUGE.

In hindsight mtl will wish they paid him long term at what he was originally asking, 5+ mil/ yr 5 yrs... They won't be able to keep him, cause he'll want 7-8 mil per yr after a Norris season.....