Where to shore fish in or around Kingston and the area?

FishingDoofus

Anyone have suggestions of shore fishing spots in Kingston (or within a 20 min drive radius)?

I've gone to:

Brewers Locks (just above Sunbury road) and fish off the little bridge or near the locks on both sides. Normally this is a great spot for tons of panfish like sunfishes and bluegills, but this year there hasnt been much luck. There's tons and tons of minnows there, so they are well fed and not biting. A year ago I caught a 12 pound bowfin, and some okay sized largemouth and crappie, but I havent seen any this year, at all.

Dog lake, next to the beach/point, right down to the end of Wellington Street in Battersea. Again great spot for pan fish and a few small large mouth, but nothing was biting this year. I tried to find other spots on Dog Lake but none are friendly for shore fishing (private property, no access, too much fast-full power boats zooming by, etc).

Kingston Mills, near the locks, and that section in the back where the little water fall is. Last year I caught some pan fish. This year the only thing I caught was those annoying invasive species (the Goby's).

Can anyone recommend any good spots to fish from shore?

I'd like to catch a wide variety of fish, so I'm not really too picky.

Edited by FishingDoofus

welcome to the board. You might find that an introduction goes a long way to get people talking about places they fish. We do have a few rules one of them is being to specific on where to fish. We have found this to be frowned upon by members on the board. You can get the help you need by extending an invitation to hostfish or offer to supply food/drink/gas money if they host the trip.