A Quick Fix---Brookie Style!!!

Walleye'm Fishing

I haven't gone out to fish for nearly three months now. A new addition to the family can really put a damper on one's fishing plans. However, I did manage to get out with the Mrs. and my son a little while back but it was more about giving the little man a ride in the float tube than actually fishing.

IMG_0250_zpseefec008.jpg

This time around, both kids stayed at home with some relatives so that the Mrs. and I could go chase some brookies for a couple of hours.

IMG_0410_zps55cbc4c7.jpg

You know that you really want to go fishing when you drive for 2.5 hours, hike for an hour, and actually fish for a little under two hours. But hey, you do what you gotta do just to get out there and enjoy the time you have on the water even if it's quite limited.

IMG_0402_zps343b2450.jpg

I caught a couple, missed a few, and this 16 inch speck was the highlight of this short session. With fall just around the corner, trout season ending in the next few weeks and walleye prime time coming up, I'll surely hit the water again in the near future.... I can't wait to get back out there!!!

IMG_0409_zps61bca38a.jpg

Thanks for the comments guys.

Awesome.

I love my float tube. Is that the older Cumberland? Mine has a nice 5 inch cushion seat,that keeps your butt out of the water.

Just enlarged the pic. Not a Cumberland.

Yeah, my butt is in the water. Next time I purchase a float tube, I'll definitely buy one like the one that you have. I bought mine at Canadian tire 5 years ago when it was on a crazy sale. Regular price was 150$ and it was on sale for 50$. At that price I went ahead and purchased 2. This way, I always bring someone with me when I go float tubing.