Trailer Park Search

addy79

Friend of mine is parting with his trailer and I'm seriously considering taking it off his hands. Been renting cottages for years but the cost is getting too high for my liking.

Anyways,trying to find sites within 275km of Toronto where I can leave a trailer up for long term. Having a tough time finding much on the web and kijiji. Want waterfront, privacy, and willing to pay around $3000/year.obviously fishing is important. Anyone know of some good resources that can help in my search??

On a side note, my friends trailer is a 2006 29ft Terry Dakota upgraded 830 model. This is all new to me, are they good trailers? He's willing to let it go for $9000.

Any advice/input is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

I've been at a park that is owned by Castle Vacation Parks (Hidden Valley) for a number of years. Their rates are reasonable and the manager looks after the park quite well.

http://castlevacationparks.com/

They own quite a few parks; there might be one that'll work for you.

On the bottom right corner of the link you'll see a map of all their places.

Dan.

Make sure all the mechanicals (stove refrig toilet furnace AC are working properly ...go through with a electrical tester to check EVERY receptacle ( wiring in these things can be a nightmare)....thoroughly check for plumbing leaks (again another nightmare to repair) ...look for any dicolouration on the carpet (indicates water leakage or used in cold months and not properly vented) If it has slide outs check the seals very closely by poking your finger all the way around to ensure proper sealing...these are just a few things to look for when purchasing a used trailer....we just bought a 5th wheel and are loving it ... we're not going to commit to any one spot as its our intentions to travel and fish with it .... but im sure you will have just as much fun planting it and using it as a cottage...enjoy!!! your gonna love RV lifestyle....Good Luck

Edited by Twocoda

You won't get waterfront for that cost. Like mentioned above, the regulars of the park will get the waterfront site. The only way I can see you getting waterfront is if you buy a trailer that is already on a site. In the Kawarthas, I have seen/herd figures of 5-6k for waterfront. I settled for lakeview for a fraction of what you are willing to pay.

Make sure that the park agrees to face the trailer in the direction you prefer prior to settling on a deal. I had a nightmare with this as the guy behind me was not impressed that my trailer was partially obstructing his lakeview.

Not aware of any particular websites, other than the obvious like kijiji. I noticed alot of trailer parks websites also have listings in them.

The approach I would take is narrowing it down to what lake(s) you want to be on, then you simply search trailer park and the lake name on google. That should turn up majority of parks on the lake. If you can, pick a park that is centrally located so you have good access to the lake.

Edited to add: keep looking on kijiji daily. Now is the best time to look as some people may not be renewing their seasonal fee for next year and will be looking to sell. There is some haggle room when this is the case as they are desperate to sell so they don't have to remove the trailer from the site and or pay another year seasonal fee.

Edited by Fish4Eyes

Think long and hard about the investment...it's not a cheap endeavor when you add everything up.

Easy to get in and difficult to get out...I am in Layzee Acres a guy in the park I knew had to get out of his trailer after two years and took a bath in at 40k out at 23k.

They are not a easy sell when you want to get out!

Having said all that I love the park and I enjoy luxury camping...kingsize bed...big screen...central air and heat etc.Lol

Alot of the trailer parks no longer allow older trailers on site, infact some parks are forcing those with older units out, so be sure of the regs in the parks before you buy or commit to anything.

This is a little concerning. I'm assuming a 2006 would Be okay with most?

This is a little concerning. I'm assuming a 2006 would Be okay with most?

Seems like some parks don't want anything over 10 years of age. As I suggested above, just check with the owners of the park your interested in and be sure that trailer will be OK there for a few years.

A friend of mine has been in a park for alot of years but his trailer is now 11 years old and he had to remove it from the park.

For the price of a trailer and a few years, or far less than waterfront, park fees you can buy a small cottage on leased land on Lake Erie. Not waterfront but a cheaper alternative than a trailer and site with much better resale. A recent sale of a pals in laws was a 900sqft cottage at Featherstone Point on a private 50x100 foot lot for 30K, 3 bedrooms, living, dining room, bath with shower and tub, $1000.00 per year lease. None of this in at May out in October, fires out at 10 etc. It's your own private residence and lot. Need to be out for 8 weeks per year. As for the fishing? Phenomenal.