Stony Lake Report With PB

stasbrute

Just got back from a week with the family and friends at beautiful Stony Lake, great weather, with some awsome moon lit nights. We caught several small to medium bass, LM and SM, a couple of walleye, including a beauty 23"er (she went back of course) P8200411.jpg

The Walleye in the picture took a "shallow Raider" muskie bait (must have been hungry). Then On Tuesday night under a full moon we were trolling a deep channel with a smaller bait, looking for walleye(s) when this girl smashed on to the seen P8200444.jpg ....sorry about the goofy look on my face, I was a little freaked out. P8200448.jpg It took about 10 minutes for her to get back into it, but she swam away after some TLC at boat side. A quick measure, she was about 45" ...a PB for me.

very nice walleye you got there Grog. Ive fished Stoney more than a few times myself. I find the Walleye are very hard to come by, but then again its proably my technique. Thats also one heck of a Muskie. Very nice. Be careful out there at night!!

....as for the night danger thing, I agree, however in this case we trolled in a specific area right close to the cottage, clear access to and fro. Also with the full moon and clear sky it was quite easy to see were we were going. There was some thought involved, and it paid off big time. Thank you for the congrats people....

Edited by Grog