First attempt at hand pouring baits

landry

I made some plaster of Paris molds and re melted some old plastics to try and hand pour my some drop shot baits. It went well but I need an old microwave and a great mask cause this stuff is nasty and toxic

I am gonna clone and design some drop shot and paddle tail baits this winter - just wanted to do a test run before I ordered plastisol, glitter, colour...

I will not be selling these and I know they r copies. I plan on doing my own design with plastic end or sculpey.

Just wanted to share.

Landry

image.jpg

Making the plaster mold and coating with 50/50 wood glue mix costs next to nothing and was easy.

If I pick it up in the states my order of plastisol, color, flake and alumidust powder paint will be under 200$. Apparently a gallon of plastisol will make over 700 senkos so it should make a 1000 drop shot style baits. That's $0.20 a bait. Colors, flakes... Add up in cost but that will be the fun part:)

Slammers, jackall, Yamamoto and set the hook dropshot baits are all at least 0.80 each.

My plan is to make my own version and tweak the softener and salt content to get my own horizontal bait.

Plus it will be fun.

I am new to this so we will see how it goes. I enjoy fly tying and rod building and paint a little so this is right up my alley.

Landry

Totally awesome! The baits came out great :)

I've been looking into making soft plastics of my own for my trips to BC (pink worms, artificial egg clusters, etc). Finding unscented and unflavoured baits locally is tough. Soft-plastics with scent constitutes to being bait out west - Not so great for rivers with a bait ban.

I got my micro wave from yard sale $5 and a range fan for $7. I to have no interest in producing baits that are readily available.

My goal is a bait that catches large and smallies equally and can be rigged many ways. So far I'm still semi retired tournament guy.

Landry,

I have a Comfo 2 respirator with type2 cartridges that I am never going to use again, you can have it if you figure a way for me to get it to you. I am in Selkirk On that is on the north shore of Erie south of Caledonia and 50 minutes from the outskirts of Hamilton, I'll bring it to the post office and find out the weight for shipping, or if you know someone in the Hamilton area I can get it to.

For what you're doing the cartridges will last you a lifetime.

Let me know if you want it.

Johnny D

Landry,

I have a Comfo 2 respirator with type2 cartridges that I am never going to use again, you can have it if you figure a way for me to get it to you. I am in Selkirk On that is on the north shore of Erie south of Caledonia and 50 minutes from the outskirts of Hamilton, I'll bring it to the post office and find out the weight for shipping, or if you know someone in the Hamilton area I can get it to.

For what you're doing the cartridges will last you a lifetime.

Let me know if you want it.

Johnny D

One of the things I have always loved about this site. Good on you for the generous offer :clapping: