Top Gun Marine

fisher

This week I was up on simcoe for 7 days at a cottage rental. We had run ashore near our dock on day one due to some rough weather and hit a rock and dinged the prop. Boat ran fine so we thought nothing of it. After day four the motor bogged down all of a sudden and it wouldn't get on plane and would max out at 6 mph when previously we could get it to 30 mph. We thought maybe the prop damage and rocks had something to do with it. In any event, we decided to continue fishing close by for the last few days and on the last day we would drop the boat off at top gun on the way home.

Well today we did just that. My dad and I dropped by top gun with intentions of leaving the boat, when the owner - i am embarrased for forgetting his name - decided to come and look at it to see if what we decribed was in fact lower unit damage. After less than 2 minutes of turning the prop, looking here and there and checking under he cowl, he yells out that he found our problem ....a piece of old electrical tape had somehow clogged one of the carbs. He got a pair of needle nose pliers and pulled out a three inch piece of tape. when i asked what i owed him, he said nothng and after i insisted he said to bring him a coffee next time i pass by. My dad and I were impressed and obviously very grateful.

while we had nightmares of the dollars it would cost to repair, we were so happy to have been able to leave with our boat within minutes. What a great guy. No doubt i am sure there are some places who would have told me they would call in a few days and possibly tell me i was looking at a bill for a few hundred dollars.

Anyhow, this is two great experiences with top gun in two visits over two years. First was to fix a stator issue.

• 2 years later...

Funny I gave Paul a good review on this post back in 2013 and recently tried to contact him. I got the voicemail the first time with his wife's voice and got no call back. I called 2 days later and spoke directly with her and he still did not call me back. I ended up taking my boat elsewhere for a repair.

Anyone had any recent dealings with Paul or with Top Gun Marine?

And paul is a great angler. And he will make the deal. You negotiate with him for hours and write everything on the contract and he will stick to it.

I have a couple guys closer to me in Bowmanville but if I need it yesterday Top Gun or Extreme Marine. Whats funny about that they where tournament years ago.