Poutine (nf)

Daplumma

Poots In ... I live in the French Fry / Poutine capital of Canada .... definitely ( poots in )

:)

Of course that's the proper Francophone pronunciation. Doesn't mean it's right though.

Just ask anyone Stateside who cheers for good old Noter Dame LOL!

Poot-sin. Ask for a POOTEEN in quebec and you might not like what you receive

We were fishing the Ottawa River and staying in a motel on the Ontario side. Went to the restaurant for supper and I ordered POOTEEN. The waitress was french and pretended she didn't understand what I wanted even though she spoke english also. My partner, who is from Quebec, told her I wanted pootsin and of course she understood that and was just being a jerk.

She never got a tip.

We were fishing the Ottawa River and staying in a motel on the Ontario side. Went to the restaurant for supper and I ordered POOTEEN. The waitress was french and pretended she didn't understand what I wanted even though she spoke english also. My partner, who is from Quebec, told her I wanted pootsin and of course she understood that and was just being a jerk.

She never got a tip.

So if you're in Qweebek it's pootsin and in the rest of Canada it's pooteen. ;)

PS I would have given the young lady a tip.

A nice shiny penny!!! It makes a much better statement than nada.

Probably would have left her a note on a napkin as well. :D

I had to be careful, she was serving me supper the next night too :lol:

Edited by lew

So if you're in Qweebek it's pootsin and in the rest of Canada it's pooteen. ;)

Considering it's originally from quebec and a french word, id say theres a right way and a wrong way to pronounce it. :)

if you are speaking french the right way is Poot-sin

but as an english speaking person who does not speak french, I would use the english pronunciation

there are lots of english/french words that are spelled the same way but are spoken using normal pronunciation of the letters in their own languages

so eat Poo-teen when you are english

Considering it's originally from quebec and a french word, id say theres a right way and a wrong way to pronounce it. :)

I recall a French Canadian Prime Minister in the not so distant past who's English was so bad most folks had no clue what the heck he was saying, so I don't think it's a crime for English Canada to pronounce POOTEEN wrong :lol:

I recall a French Canadian Prime Minister in the not so distant past who's English was so bad most folks had no clue what the heck he was saying, so I don't think it's a crime for English Canada to pronounce POOTEEN wrong :lol:

But where is dee PROOF?

Ya ya i know, but the OP asked about the proper pronounciation, which is poostin as far as i can tell as an anglophone working in quebec :)