Confirmed - Cabela's To Open Store in Barrie by Summer 2014

Today's press release from Cabela's, pasted word for word.

Cabela’s® Announces Plans for Barrie, Ontario, Canada, Store

Anticipated opening summer 2014; store will be 70,000-square-feet

SIDNEY, Neb. (July 25, 2013) – Cabela’s Incorporated, the World’s Foremost Outfitter® of hunting, fishing and outdoor gear, announced today plans to bring the unique Cabela’s retail experience to customers in Barrie, Ontario, Canada, and the surrounding region, which includes the greater Toronto area.

Construction on the 70,000-square-foot store is scheduled to begin this summer and Cabela’s anticipates a summer 2014 opening. It is expected to employee approximately 200 full-time, part-time and seasonal employees. Most will come from Barrie and the surrounding area.

The store will be located near the intersection of Highway 400 and Mapleview Drive in the Park Place Shopping Centre, which is being developed by North American/CentreCorp.

“Thanks to the loyalty of our thousands of Canadian customers, and especially those across the province of Ontario, it was an easy decision to bring the Cabela’s retail experience to Barrie,” said Tommy Millner, Cabela’s Chief Executive Officer. “I can’t say enough about Canada. It’s a Cabela’s kind of place.”

Also today, Cabela’s announced plans to open stores in Missoula, Mont.; Acworth, Ga.; and Augusta, Ga.

Currently, Cabela’s operates 45 stores across North America, including three in Canada – Winnipeg, Manitoba; Edmonton, Alberta; and Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. The company has announced plans to open an additional 19 locations over the next two years, including a Regina, Saskatchewan, location this fall and a second Edmonton location in 2014.

The Park Place shopping centre also includes Marshalls and Best Buy. Nearby businesses include Costco, The Home Depot, Walmart and Sobeys.

About Cabela’s Incorporated

Cabela’s Incorporated, headquartered in Sidney, Nebraska, is a leading specialty retailer, and the world’s largest direct marketer, of hunting, fishing, camping and related outdoor merchandise. Since the Company’s founding in 1961, Cabela’s® has grown to become one of the most well-known outdoor recreation brands in the world, and has long been recognized as the World’s Foremost Outfitter®. Through Cabela’s growing number of retail stores and its well-established direct business, it offers a wide and distinctive selection of high-quality outdoor products at competitive prices while providing superior customer service. Cabela’s also issues the Cabela’s CLUB® Visa credit card, which serves as its primary customer loyalty rewards program. Cabela’s stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “CAB”.

Let me guess... they'll put this at Park Place and make traffic a million times worse, lol!

I can't figure out how a city with only 130,000 people has such a traffic problem. There are some civil engineers that need to lose their jobs in this town. It's unreal at times (Essa/Ardagh/400/Little intersection is a great example)

Yes, there's a bunch of numpties for sure that designed the Moson Pk/400 interchange. They should have put the off/on ramp behind Costco to come out at the next lights east, there's far too many unsynchrinized lights there. Same with that cluster at the bottom of Essa, should have the off ramp run into Little and then close the rest of it, one less light to cause delays. I'm waiting for the the 400/Duckworth replacement, that'll be something to see.

Edited by Fisherman

Yes, there's a bunch of numpties for sure that designed the Moson Pk/400 interchange. They should have put the off/on ramp behind Costco to come out at the next lights east, there's far too many unsynchrinized lights there. Same with that cluster at the bottom of Essa, should have the off ramp run into Little and then close the rest of it, one less light to cause delays. I'm waiting for the the 400/Duckworth replacement, that'll be something to see.

Me and Chris (Cudz) were discussing this a few weeks ago.. Ardagh should have run right under the highway into Little (It's a straight shot).. it would have bypassed that entire clusterfub at Essa/400 right now.

I can't imagine what the Duckworth/400 upgrade is going to be like, lol! Luckily I don't go near that (If I need to get on 90, I just run down to 27)

Me and Chris (Cudz) were discussing this a few weeks ago.. Ardagh should have run right under the highway into Little (It's a straight shot).. it would have bypassed that entire clusterfub at Essa/400 right now.

I can't imagine what the Duckworth/400 upgrade is going to be like, lol! Luckily I don't go near that (If I need to get on 90, I just run down to 27)

Wonder what ever happened to the interchange they were supposed to make around the old McDonalds they tore down, that was supposed to allow access to the back of "Park Place".

Wonder what ever happened to the interchange they were supposed to make around the old McDonalds they tore down, that was supposed to allow access to the back of "Park Place".

That would relieve so much traffic at the Essa/400 intersection.. Maybe the new Cabelas will be going where Molsens used to be?

IT's GREAT news! I just hope they adjust the pricing unlike another major competitor

Can’t understand the logic if I can order from the US and get it delivered to my door cheaper than driving 20K away and buying it.

Watched a family get in a argument with a sales person… “but sir we can get it from your store online and have it delivered cheaper than its listed here” the response was sorry please order from the online store? nothing we can do.

If you go in looking for that deal you'll get an argument every single time... Everything is more expensive here for the most part... If you can get it cheaper there after taxes/duty/shipping then order it online. Stop hounding the part time salesmen about corporate pricing structure.

Edited by BillM

well if the store is anything like the edmonton and saskatoon stores you're in for a disappointment....I order online all the time, but won't step foot in their stores....we get the "canadian downsized version"....poor selection and insane markups

Ya, I was just thinking to myself "I hope the don't do what Target did", but sounds like they already have. Guess we'll see what happens.

Let me guess... they'll put this at Park Place and make traffic a million times worse, lol!

I can't figure out how a city with only 130,000 people has such a traffic problem. There are some civil engineers that need to lose their jobs in this town. It's unreal at times (Essa/Ardagh/400/Little intersection is a great example)

There are a few reasons. The bay in the middle of the city doesn't help much to start and the city was the fastest growing in the 80's and still is one of the fastest leads to a planning nightmare that the city never has properly been able to manage.

Where did you see this? I didn't find it with a Google search.

Announced this morning, I found a little note in my email.

You can find a copy on their investor relations web page.

Not everything is on Google. In fact, a LOT of good stuff doesn't show up on web searches.

Edited by Craig_Ritchie