Good news for us Humminbird owners!

BillM

Finally a custom mapping option for those of us that fish lakes that will never get coverage. Plus you can make you own maps and not have to 'upload' them to a central system for the rest of the world to use *cough* Navionics *cough*.. Been watching a thread over on BBC, Doug Vahrenberg was nice enough to chime in and provide the info.

Check out the NEW LakeMaster AutoCharts if you have sonar recordings you will be ready to convert to AutoMaps.

LakeMaster AutoCharts

LakeMaster allows you take your sonar recordings and in a simple 3 Step Process convert them into LakeMaster Contour Charts for use on your Humminbird. This is an accessory product that can be used in conjuntion with your current LakeMaster Maps. Want to increase the details of your favorite fishing area, scan private waters, scan small lakes, ponds or streams or New areas. There is NO uploading or giving away the data you worked to collect. You collect it - you use the data. If you want to share with friends you can share the data too. For example 5 Boats go to Canada fishing trip all 5 record sonar data and have one copy of AutoCharts and you can import all 5 users data and create maps instantly and then save the data to each users cards and all 5 boats would get the same LakeMaster Auto Chart. Collect more data eah trip and increase the map. Take 3 Simple Steps 1 - Collect Sonar Recordings, Step 2 Upload to Computer, Step 3 Export Maps to SD card and go use them.
AutoChart_123_3_zps8218235b.jpg
2 Versions AutoCharts is $199.95 and AutoChart Pro (Satellite Overlays and SI Mosiacs) $249.95 Includes CD and Mapping Card with 2 Million Zero Lines

AutoChart_DVD_2_zpsfe08c614.jpg
Example of Auto Chart Map

AutoChart2D_zps7b873135.jpg
Example of Bottom Harness Readings on Computer

AutoChartBHardness_zps5cc96582.jpg
SI Mosiac on AutoChart Pro

SIMosaic2_zps5fd98394.jpg

AutoChart_table_zps38e387e1.jpg

You've been able to do this for years with an ethernet cable and a laptop, for free.

Not on the HB units unless you've purchased Dr.Depth which was recently purchased by Johnson Outdoors.

The fact that you can overlay sat imagery is even better.

Edited by BillM

but will we (in Canada) be able to use the maps we make to use the ilink minnkota feature

Absolutely. Says in the last chart I posted.

Locnar, I would assume this would work with any HB unit that's got chartplotter capabilities.

Edited by BillM

yeah I saw that however (and I have no idea) does it work in Canada or do you need existing lakemaster map of the area, or does it work anywhere. I think the lake has to be on the autochart CD to work.........I hope it does

I just really need it confirmed ,for sure as I don't own a Humminbird I am buying a iplot or ilink depending on this infomation..

Edited by Terry

yeah I saw that however (and I have no idea) does it work in Canada or do you need existing lakemaster map of the area, or does it work anywhere. I think the lake has to be on the autochart CD to work.........I hope it does

I just really need it confirmed ,for sure as I don't own a Humminbird I am buying a iplot or ilink depending on this infomation..

Yes, it works in Canada with the maps YOU'LL be creating with the software. Currently Lakemaster doesn't have any coverage maps that include Canada (I'm sure that will change in the very near future). Once you've created your custom maps of any lake you want you can use your I-Pilot Link/HB combo to 'Follow the contour'