Stratford shore fishing opportunity

Shloim

My lovely wife has gotten some tickets for a show in Stratford this week. I may have a shot to wet some lures early Thursday morning. We are likely staying down town and i was wondering if there are any spots worth fishing that are close and easy to find??? Any help is appreciated!!!

The lake (dammed river, barely a lake) right downtown is stocked with small rainbows each April at opener. They are usual around til they are fished out or go over the dam. I'd try a worm under a float at the dam.

Other than that, I'd drive out of town to the St. Mary's area and fish WIldwood for bass and pike.

The lake (dammed river, barely a lake) right downtown is stocked with small rainbows each April at opener. They are usual around til they are fished out or go over the dam. I'd try a worm under a float at the dam.

Other than that, I'd drive out of town to the St. Mary's area and fish WIldwood for bass and pike.

You can't beat this advice! Total agreement.

The Thames from Mitchell to St. Marys has been much better fishing than Wildwood this year. The main bridge at Wildwood is closed due to construction, there are 2 bridges to the east of the main one that are 15 mins from Stratford, and easy to fish from.

There is decent small mouth fishing in St. Marys both under the old tressle bridge on the river and in the non swimming side of the quarries. In the quarries though you won't actually "catch" any small mouth until you think about what is happening, once you get the trick you will have a great outing. Take gulp alive leeches and small crawfish you will have way more action in those two spots than any place around the area with the water so low right now.