Auction to Fight Cancer - My day of fishing with the winners.

fishnsled

Had an awesome time with some great people this weekend. I had offered up a day of Salmon fishing to help raise some some money for the Fish-A-Thon For A Cure through the Auction to fight Cancer. The winning bidder was Cassandra who was happy to give this as a birthday gift to her husband Fred. The "8 hour day" was split up into and evening fish and morning fish the next day and turned into more like 11 hours. It's tough to stop fishing when they are biting. :Gonefishing: We boated 15 fish I believe and lost a bunch more. A nice mixed bag of rainbows, chinnies, and the highlight for me, an Atlantic! Here's a few shots of our adventure.

P1020149.jpg

Nice fish.

P1020150.jpg

Fighting a fish and watching the sunset.

P1020154.jpg

Another nice one.

P1020156.jpg

End of the day.

P1020157.jpg

The next morning and setting the bar high.

P1020159.jpg

A very nice surprise and a first in my boat.

P1020160.jpg

Ending the day with a double header of smaller bows.

P1020163.jpg

Just a great couple of days for a great cause. Be sure to check out the Fish-A-Thon post that is pinned and make a donation or get some sponsors and fish it!!

Edited by fishnsled

WOW! I don't know how I missed this. Sounds like a super 11 hours and for a great cause to boot. Some very nice fish there and congrats of the Atlantic!

Ditto

Great stuff Will, looks like a boat load of fun for all. :thumbsup_anim:

Definitely a very honorable contribution for sure. You should be proud of what you are doing. Looks like a lot of fun. I would like to bring the boat down and try a run on the big lake myself. I might have to follow you around like the Paparazzi, I have no clue! Great job and for an awesome cause

Or you can follow me around like the paparazzi. LOL!!

Terry and myself have the same problem out on Simcoe. Their just clicking away with their cameras. I have to slap Terry upside the head,when he poses. Trying to take all the credit. LMAO

Nice report Will.. :canadian::good:

Thanks Ron and Brian.

Terry and myself have the same problem out on Simcoe. Their just clicking away with their cameras. I have to slap Terry upside the head,when he poses. Trying to take all the credit. LMAO

:rofl2: I can just picture Terry pulling up the leg of his shorts to show off a bit more leg, tossing his head back..... Although I'd rather not see that in person, I feel for your embarrassment Brian. LOL!!

Umm ... on second thought, I think I will just read the reports when they become available. Not sure what you guys get up to out there, but it sure sounds like there is way more to it than I am comfortable with! My camera just accidentally flushed down the toilet. :P