Nipigon's Virtues Report.

Moosebunk

Insane Bunk - must have been so special to involve you daughter in this one. Every report is the trip of a life time for most.... The fish you catch would be the fish of a life time for most... You just keep doing it over and over and over again. Thank you for sharing this and every other journey with us - we are all very lucky to have an adventurer like you on this forum to inspire us all.

Much respect!

Rob and Rob

Thanks again as always for reading and replying here in kind. These big and full reports can take up a big chunk of time to complete, often a full "down day" at home. They're always worth it to me, my family and some friends who enjoy the write-ups.

I can't wait for my trip up Labor Day week. Won't be bothering the pike and walleye though

Good luck Trev, I imagine you're staying same place again this year? I wouldn't overlook the quality pike fishing to be done. Agree that when there the specks come first, lakers and pike second, but for me that's only because I fish lakers 2-3 seasons a year, almost always plan a summer trip around pike and have had a good share of them in recent years. People who love pike but don't get the chance often to hunt bigger ones, well there's certainly some great opps up on the Nip.

Thanks so much for taking the time to put your report together and provide us with some insights into what a trip to Nipigon can be like. Very enjoyable!

It was an insightful time my friend and definitely worth rethinking for a report. How's Kipawa been treating ya this season? Hope the lakers are biting.

The shore fishing afternoon sounds like an experience your daughter will never forget.

She won't. Again, it was her favorite time, the walleye fishing her favorite too... but the big speck her favorite fish. I wanted her to write a little story from her perspective for this report but unfortunately she didn't get time before heading off to girls camp for a couple weeks with her big sister.

Nice trip report.That pic with your daughter and the pike is great. Your telling of your daughters homesickness and your sharing of her feelings was touching and showed what a great father you are. Almost makes me wish to have a daughter but then again she's ten and not 16 yet.

Since last autumns first big BOQ walleye, to this trips pike, speck and walleye shots, Leah's been posing for some great pics I just love. She has an upcoming gar that she reeled in too... a goodun.

Your a step ahead of us on this one Drew. That is the planned trip for exploration for us next year. By the looks of things, we won't be disappointed. Great to see your daughter enjoying the trip just as much if not more than you. I too would be in line to buy one of your journals.

Thanks Ron. I know you've got your fishing up there pretty well pegged but if you have any questions before your trip in 14, drop me a line.

Also tell that Floaty guy he needs to stop shaving his legs. Eeep!

His night job requires a little more sleek and sexy ya know?

Insane Bunk - must have been so special to involve you daughter in this one. Every report is the trip of a life time for most....

Three guys, a boat and nine days off for this one fellas. Anyone can do this sort of thing with some planning and the right motivation. With the kiddies at camp right now I'm kinda going into some sort of parent withdrawal... but keeping busy preparing for the next trip coming. ;)

Can't tell you how much I love your posts.

Thanks BCD. I'll keep at 'em for awhile longer.

First time I think I've ever commented twice on the same post. Here's why. I was stuck in Red Lake earlier in the week, working long hours and basically just looked at the pictures with crappy internet service and knew it was good without reading it. After reading it, I gotta say Bunk, best report I've ever read here, or anywhere else for that matter. Simply splendid my friend. In fact, as soon as I hit the reply button, I'm gonna read it again.

First time I think I've ever commented twice on the same post. Here's why. I was stuck in Red Lake earlier in the week, working long hours and basically just looked at the pictures with crappy internet service and knew it was good without reading it. After reading it, I gotta say Bunk, best report I've ever read here, or anywhere else for that matter. Simply splendid my friend. In fact, as soon as I hit the reply button, I'm gonna read it again.

Thanks Dan. Nice morning message to find.

Myself & Pat, and guys like Bill here and some others indirectly through you and myself really do owe you for helping us get started. Incredible place as you know, so much water and possibility, I can't help but revisit the great fishing and each trip there take some time to explore something or somewhere new. Hopefully see you there again as there will be more next times.

I was waiting for this report Bunk!

Just an amazing trip for all.

Like DanC mentioned I've read it twice and probably will for a third time!

Love the giant gators!!!

Again, an incredible report from a world class fishery!

My 2013 Nipigon countdown has begun.....

TDunn

Edited by TDunn

Hi Drew:

These reports remain my favourite, not because of the brookies as you might suspect, but rather the way you tell the story. It does take a lot of time to write a story in such a way to make the reader feel like they are part of the trip and photos also are taken to show the emotions of the experience. Taking your daughter now will reap the benefits later in life. It has meaning to me as I just got back from a week fishing with my daughters. I started taking them when they were 6 monthsd old and this year represents the 33rd straight year of fishng together. Great bonding time. Send me a PM when you plan on showing up here in the fall and maybe this year we'll actually connect. Once again, a great report!!!

Alan

Thanks again guys.

I was waiting for this report Bunk! My 2013 Nipigon countdown has begun.....

Gimme a buzz soon Tyler.

Hi Drew:

These reports remain my favourite, not because of the brookies as you might suspect, but rather the way you tell the story. It does take a lot of time to write a story in such a way to make the reader feel like they are part of the trip and photos also are taken to show the emotions of the experience. Taking your daughter now will reap the benefits later in life. It has meaning to me as I just got back from a week fishing with my daughters. I started taking them when they were 6 monthsd old and this year represents the 33rd straight year of fishng together. Great bonding time. Send me a PM when you plan on showing up here in the fall and maybe this year we'll actually connect. Once again, a great report!!!

Alan

Appreciated Alan. For Nipigon and specks nothing tops your online site. Missing the girls right now as they're away at camp, but keeping busy at work (17 hour shift yesterday).. blahh), a long "Honey Do" list at home and preparations for the next trip. No, not Nipigon... but that will almost immdediately follow and just working out details last week. So if we can share the boat great, but if we can't share the boat lets at least share a scotch. Hopefully your blackflies are long gone soon. Absolutely the worst I've ever experienced. lol.

What everyone else said X 2!!! I almost missed this report, so glad I didn't. The paragraph about how Leah was worried that she was ruining your vacation tugged at the old heart strings.
Always a pleasure to just get a taste of your adventures Drew.

• 2 months later...

Once again I read your fishing reports and feel every moment. I understand the joy of watching your child as they reel in each fish, seeing them experience the things that you could never explain. You have given Leah such a gift!

Your writing is truly enjoyable.

Nice fish! Great planning, not only for you and your daughter but for Len and Kevin as well.

Cheers,

Jen