40+ lber caught in lake O yesterday

siwash

Ya, it was entered in the derby, and its on top as of right now. Might hold out, but I know there are some big fish out there this year, lots of bait, and they only get bigger from here on out! Don't be surprised if there are bigger fish entered!

S.

Yes the fish is kept frozen and verified and given back to the guy a fish of that size is checked !!!! That's an awesome king for sure !!!! Hope he wins ... There will still be some monsters weighed in at port credit and bronte yet. !!!! Those fish will gain 1-2lbs a week from here on in !!!! Great sign to see a 40 in the derby !!!!!! Cheers to the guy !!! "Clink"

Gobies??? hahaha

I doubt it! These are open water fish, that feed on schools of baitfish. They don't hang around port hope harbour eating gobies!!

A mature chinook can gain 10 lbs in a summer. That's a lot of gobies! lol

S.

Seems to be a hatchery fish.

Just pasting what I read.

It was a huge salmon, with an Adipose fin Clip which suggests that it was aHtchery rasied fish.

A lie detector..

Theres a reason for that. You be surprised me brudder what one will do to win .

Edited by Misfish

Those kings are feeding on alewives and just gorging !!!!! They don't eat gobies off the bottom !!! I wish they did .... The 8lb smallies in Erie and simcoe are eating gobies !!!!!! The kings ply the open water and chase down schools of baitfish !!!!

As the derby progresses the fish start getting smaller. That fish has reached its prime. now it's down hill. Every year that happens, the largest fish is caught in the first week.

so you're sayimg the females get smaller as they GAIN 5-10lbs in eggs???