If there's anything to make your knees buckle....

fish_finder

.......Its a 40 to 50 inch fish chasing a giant fly right to the boat....
Got out on the river to chase Musky for the day on Sunday. Did a very short drift with my buddies Ken and Tyler. Ken Guides in southern Ontario for pretty much any species you can think of.
Ken built this boat a number of years ago. I've watched it evolve over the years as he tweaked this and that. I wouldn't hesitate at all in saying its now THE Cadillac of driftboats.
IMG_0692_zps0607a730.jpg
Plenty of standing and casting room at both the bow and stern of the boat. This is a necessity, especially when making long casts with giant flies where line piles up at your feet.
IMG_0693_zps2def60f5.jpg
We managed to raise several large fish, as well as a few smaller fish. I had one giant close to 50" become airborne right beside the boat before it winked and spit the giant squirrel sized fly right back into the boat.
No musky landed, but a couple of nice smallmouth came to hand. Here's a little clip of a nice Fish close to 40" chasing a fly right to the boat. Tyler was shaking quite a bit after this follow. His first time chasing these beasts on the fly...At the end of the day we had each hooked a couple of fish, but keeping them on was another story. Large single point barbless hooks definitely add to the adventure....
In typical Chandler fashion, he says put it 'there', you put it 'there' and get ready....

Edited by fish_finder

How bout a half ounce lead jig hung up 20 yards out that suddenly dislodges, flies out of the water like a bullet and hits you square between the eyes. That brought me to my knees. Right quick!

How bout a half ounce lead jig hung up 20 yards out that suddenly dislodges, flies out of the water like a bullet and hits you square between the eyes. That brought me to my knees. Right quick!

I think these flies weigh a little more than a half ounce jig....been nailed in the front and back of the head plenty of times hucking them around.