Georgian bay browns?!? Who'd a thunk?

Meegs

Went for a rainbow fish this spring, or at least was trying to catch bows, first fish of the morning was a 5lbs brown, half hour later got a 6 lbs brown, couldnt believe our eyes, 2 good browns in such a short period of time, about an hout later my rod went for a good rip, ten min later we got a quick glimpse of what we thought was a big salmon, nope, was the biggest gb brown ive ever seen, 2013-03-24121143-1-1.jpg 2013-03-24121210-1.jpg ive seen more browns the last 4 years than I have in past 15 out of gb. No fin clips, where are these fish comming from? Any thoughts?

Brian, they do, only for a week or two but ive caught them up to 14lbs in bighead, seen enough out of beaver and sydenham, to know there around. I remember seing a pic of rick matuzick from the fish eye view of bob izumis show with a 25 lb brown from montgomery rapids area years ago.

As for the white stuff, thats snow, we were from a boat,

Bows on the decline, salmon collapsed.. nature always puts something to replace whats gone.. now you've got a brown factory!

True beasts there, nice!

I cant get over the snow on the ground. Yesterday was so hot down here I wanted to rip my skin off and jump in.

I've got the odd one in the river below the dam in the fall on the Beaver going back to the 80's, but never in the Bighead. Rarely fished it but it is my understanding that the Sydenham coughs up a few in the fall below the dam. None of mine were anywhere near the size of that one, very nicely done :worthy: