BPS had their chance. NO MORE.

misfish

I was getting the feeling they were coming around and treating the customer better.

NOT

I went down to buy two items.
The Outcast Fish Cat® 4-LCS Float Tube,and some flippers.

Did alot of research on this tube and others,and it was the best bang for the $219. Even Cabelas was selling for the same price,but there was shipping. Thought what the hell, drive down was cheaper.

It was there,but hanging up on a hook. Asked the guy if he could bring it down so I could look it over,and feel how the weight was.

The guy came right out and said NO. Why,it,s just on a hook. Nope cant take it down. I see it has rings on the under neath. I asked does it come with a back pack strap. Nope,you cant back pack that. I said it,s got the rings right there. Oh,ya,I guess you could. I looked at the mrs,s,and shock my head.
I just said,thanks for wasting my time,I,ll buy from Cabelas. I dont think that registered with him,cause he came back with,we have sold alot of these,their a great tube. WHAT A CLOWN.

Had the same thing in the foot wear. Showed the guy the flyer. He couldnt find the ones in the flyer. My mrs,s did. Go figure.

So now Im floatless,,,,,,,,

Oh ya,thats another story. Buddy had a 14ft smokercraft with a 25 merc. Went to see it,no one home,and no boat any where. Another waste of time.

Anyone know a good place that sells float tubes? I was on Labarons site,but didnt see any.
The one I want at Cabelas,is on back order. Guess,I could check out another,and the shipping cost. That I dread.

Oh well what ya going to do. Maybe it was a full moon.LOL

I hear ya Brian, had some similar experiences. They officially lost my business when I brought a broken rod back literally one day after the warranty period and they told me to get lost. Also got some gift cards, drove out there to spend them and gift cards weren't working. The store could not help, they said to go home and email customer service. Prices are higher and service is weak at BPS.

Sorry to rant but feel like people should know there are way better stores that deserve your business.

every store has their good and bad stories, cabelas, bps, lebarons, have good and bad stories for each....except lebarons, horrible customer service, good prices and selection but the few times I've needed to talk somebody have all been bad times, a bunch of major dickheads work there

that outcast is a great model, had a few float tubes before I bought a pontoon, the outcast was by far the best, tracking and comfort, sit a few inches higher too

Ill try to find a link. I just see them in the store and debate buying one everytime im there.

My last float tube was from giant tiger 10 yrs ago, was 100 bucks. Sold it 8 years later for 120 in perfect condition. Haha, now that was a purchase!

every store has their good and bad stories, cabelas, bps, lebarons, have good and bad stories for each....except lebarons, horrible customer service, good prices and selection but the few times I've needed to talk somebody have all been bad times, a bunch of major dickheads work there

that outcast is a great model, had a few float tubes before I bought a pontoon, the outcast was by far the best, tracking and comfort, sit a few inches higher too

which lebarons, I have found the woodbine has gotten much better

when I was buying a pin the guy behind the counter spent more then 15 minutes taking all the rapala pins out of their boxes and checking to see which was the best balanced, then more time showing me other things...I thought they turned over a new leaf

I was getting the feeling they were coming around and treating the customer better.

NOT

I went down to buy two items.

The Outcast Fish Cat® 4-LCS Float Tube,and some flippers.

Did alot of research on this tube and others,and it was the best bang for the $219. Even Cabelas was selling for the same price,but there was shipping. Thought what the hell, drive down was cheaper.

So now Im floatless,,,,,,,,

Seems to me like a case of "biting your nose off to spite your face",you are out the gas money,your time & still no tube.

Still go to BPS but less so for fishing now and more for camping gear.

What I like about LeBarons is their membership discount. Sure it costs $25 but if you knew you were going to spend several hundred bucks or more in one year, it was worth it. Just signed up for Sail's VIP email thing. Missed their last sale which was something like 15% off. Hoping for another one soon as there was stuff I want to buy that no one else has.

Cabelas needs something in the Horseshoe !!

which lebarons, I have found the woodbine has gotten much better

when I was buying a pin the guy behind the counter spent more then 15 minutes taking all the rapala pins out of their boxes and checking to see which was the best balanced, then more time showing me other things...I thought they turned over a new leaf

I've found the same, very helpful especially in the camping department. I don't go there often but they have by far the best prices on terminal and basic lures like spoons.

live2fish85 (Chris) maybe able to put you onto something Brian. He doesn't fish anymore - just works (lots)at a tackle store :rofl2: drop him a line. (Chris - after the season you had the first half this year - I HAD to jab)

Bass pro - no go for me unless someone bought a gift card.

I rarely shop at BPS because the prices are horrible. I mean horrible! Their customer service is a hit and miss like any other place. LeBron in Mississauga has always made me feel uncomfortable when someone stares at you. Maybe they want to help me, but most of the time when I'm buying, I've already done my research and know what I want or need. The LeBron at Markham has improved in customer service over the years and people are much friendlier and they help if they can.

I look forward to hearing what you have to say about fishing from the float tube. I am thinking about one myself. Agree that Outcast is a trusted brand.

I don't go to BP as much as I used to but have not had any issues with customer service.

Liking SAIL more and more, laid back atmosphere, closer to home and good prices on recent purchases- trolling motor and boat seats/ hardware. Like the bargain bins for lures too.

If you need real technical expertise the big box stores are lacking. Better advice here on OFC or smaller stores like fishing world, burns, Lebanon etc.

I can not disagree with any one's good or bad experience at a perticular store, I have had my fair share as well.

But don't forget to voice your opinion with the higher management of that establishment,

A nice e.mail to corporate office usually makes some difference IMO

Just be to the point and don't lose your cool.

. The LeBron at Markham has improved in customer service over the years and people are much friendlier and they help if they can.

I found the LeBaron worse than any other place if ever been. Out of stock on all things I came in for. I asked for grease for my reel guy looks at me puzzled and says "why would you want to put grease on your reel?" I had about $100 in goods i was going to buy, by the time I was done I was so pissed off I put most of it back and only spent $20 on terminal gear. Who only carries Shimano reel covers? You sell Abu don't you? I'm not puttin shimano on my brand new STX.

I do like Gangons and BPS is good if you don't want to be bothered by helpless sales people lol

I look forward to hearing what you have to say about fishing from the float tube. I am thinking about one myself. Agree that Outcast is a trusted brand.

Will do. I just like the idea of being able to hit a small lake/pond, and go out. Have alot I have not visited in a long time.

As for my unsatisfaction with BPS,I guess I shouldnt expect much from the BIG BOX STORE,or should I???. But it is frustrating,when you want answers,and cant get them. Float tubes are new to me. It would of been nice to have a guy that knew about them and tell me alot of info about in,s and out,s. Do,s and dont,s.

Thats all I ask.