Unexpected sight on the river!

Broker

Went for a little ride on the canoe in the Grand this afternoon tossin around some new lures to see how well they work.null-13.jpg

Further on, I saw something off in the distance, puttered on over there and to my suprise, what it was... was the first Bald Eagle I've ever seen! boy these things are huge. Got some photos of him quickly not the best because i had to zoom in, but you get the idea. Made my week for sure, even caught a couple fish after he left ;)

Here's the first Picture from when I was approaching...(did some editing to make it more clear)

f41b0cf4-777c-421a-ac6a-ab764a5c3658.jpg

This one just as Mr Eagle was ready to fly off, must've got to close for his liking :oops:

07cff6e3-bf89-4081-8551-efac40967552.jpg

And lastly one of him skimming across the water before he left me in his dust... :D hope you all enjoyed!

af9d4055-83d2-443c-acdb-3116f27d3990.jpg

Great pics. :clapping: There are a couple nesting pairs on the Grand. You can see one of the nests atop the poles on the northeast side of the bridge at Blair. Frequently these days they can also be seen over the Colborne St Bridge in Brantford. Awesome birds. Osprey can also be seen along the river this time of year. they seem to follow the river up and from there to??

Awesome pics and great first experience! Almost seems odd to me cause in nw ontario eagles are everywhere! Beautiful birds though, thats for sure!!!

Quite rare to see one out this way, and wasn't expecting to get that close to it either!

Shasta there is actually a nest that is up near Mclung Rd. Just up from York. As well there are couple along Erie. I seen one this weekend as well flying around and that ate a bass I believe. Have also watched them feed out back of my parents a lot. My old man watched one attack a duck.

Shasta there is actually a nest that is up near Mclung Rd. Just up from York. As well there are couple along Erie. I seen one this weekend as well flying around and that ate a bass I believe. Have also watched them feed out back of my parents a lot. My old man watched one attack a duck.

This one would be the one off Mclung! Saw this guy right by there.

You can see one of the nests atop the poles on the northeast side of the bridge at Blair.

that's actually an osprey nest on top of that pole. There is at least one pair of eagles that frequent the stretch of river between Cambridge and Kitchener. Ospreys are everywhere now.

nice pictures, seems like they are doing well

for all the bird guys out there, I haven't seen a killdeer in years, where are they?

Not much of a bird guy, but those are everywhere in haldimand county! I can't even cut my grass or have a fire without a nest being in the way

nice pictures, seems like they are doing well

for all the bird guys out there, I haven't seen a killdeer in years, where are they?

I haven't seen one for years, either. We used to see them all the time as kids, running around with a wing dragging along the ground if you got too close to their nest.