Anyone know what these are ??

Yup, there were a lot of them when we were up at Marten River week before last too. Also when I was in Midland last Thursday for work there were a lot even on the inside walls of the plant.

Burt :)

Mayfly and they seem to be really late this year. Usually around the 2nd-3rd week of May. I remember doing my Scuba Diving license testing on the 2nd weekend of May years ago and there was a 3-4 inch layer on top of the water that we had to swim in!!! GROSS and the smell

was awful!!

In port dover we called them "fish flies" growing up.

They would cover every square inch of the town this time of year. Every car driving down the road had a disgusting continuous crunch under its wheels running over them.

We used to fill jars of them and go trout fishing! Haha

I remember going to Dover as a kid , this is like late 50's, the fish flies covered everything so bad that evening that you couldn't get up the hill out of town, the road was so slick with them. Eventually, the fire truck tanker came and washed down the hill going east out of town .

Edited by dave524

The hatch in North Bay is nothing like anything I've ever seen.

This is a very confusing line hahaha. But if I'm understanding correctly, yes, the North Bay hatch can be BRUTAL! Streets and all of downtown completely covered in Shadflys.

About 10 to 12 years ago there was a large hatch in North Bay. I remember walking out of the bar at about 2 am. Streets and buildings were covered in them, they were shoveling them off the streets that year. Lamp posts early that morning had massive clouds around them, I glanse over and there is a gentleman passed out on the street completely blanketed with them. Worst prior to that would have been around the mid to late 80's.

The real fly geek is here! :) :)

I didnt see him say Shad fly LMAO

I can remember my first M&G at Lacair with Skud. The hatch had just started. Cool b an another member (man I cant remember his name. Big tattoo on his leg) Headed out,and slayed the eyes. We all followed the next evening,but nothing.

The next day,the boat docks were layered with them.