Scugog Report - finally reached my 1000th cast!

quickme

It was a great day to be on the water, it was a little overcast with about 20 minutes of light drizzle.

This is how the lake greeted me.

IMG_13281_zps8dafde85.jpg
Image downsized - click on the image to get an original view

Today was going to be the day I was hoping to land my first Musky! Soobnoob was targeting Wally's so we both were on a mission. I started with some spinner baits, followed by some swim baits and nothing. Switch to a XRap when suddenly my buddy yells "fish on!"

IMG_13291_zps21bc54e0.jpg

39 inches 9.5 lbs. After a quick picture back it went. I was excited to know that those toothly critters were there and my chance WILL come.

20 minutes later I get a hit. Could this be the elusive fish?

IMG_13321_zpsebc05556.jpg

Nope just a Largie.. Back it went. soobnoob switches to topwater to have some fun and after his 5th cast I hear a big splash.

IMG_13331_zps193e38a5.jpg

After this one I beginning to thing what the hell, i'm never going to catch my first.

a few more bass later it was time for us to go. ( wife only gave me permission for a half day adventure)
IMG_13371_zps1d8e86c1.jpg

So tried to start the motor and it was acting up. soobnoob said "let's use the trolling motor and go back slowly. Hopefully the outboard will come to its senses" I figured why not troll for a little bit and see what happens. About 1 1/2 km from the docks I get a hit and this ....

IMG_13441_zps455d9edf.jpg

They say musky's are a fish of 1000 casts. I guess I reached my 1000th! What a fish! worth the wait. Quick pic and back in the water quickly.

We talked about how we caught everything Except a Wally to complete our day and guess what happened on my 1001 cast.....

IMG_13451_zpsc65ee96a.jpg

What a memorable day!! couldn't have a better outing. Till the next time smile.gif

Nick

So this is where retired 9-man players hang out. hah...

Nice pix Nick.

-Euge-

Its been a while buddy!!! We should hook up sometime! Fishing is much easier on the bones than 9 man! shoulders still take a pounding chucking those musky lures!

I thought it was 10,000 casts, not 1,000. Either way, well done, she's a beauty!!!

Than I'm ahead of the game!!! :clapping::clapping: I'm pretty sure I'm past 10000 cast in my lifetime. Maybe it's 1000 cast per outing?

WTG with the muskie. Can't believe you got a nice walleye from the dock! Last time I was putting my canoe away there, I heard a few giant fish splashing around in the vicinity - But I would never think you'd get one during the day time.

Nice outing for sure, congrats.

Thanks Lew, I've seen three in 40 years and nothing over 37 inches, all went back!

Well if the family isn't busy on Sunday or even Monday you know where I am and you are more than welcome to give it a try here... ;)