Healey Lake - Mactier

hutch4113

Hi Everyone,

Rented a cottage on Healey Lake this year. Wondering if anyone has been on this lake, and can tell me what to expect? I understand there are LB/SB and Pike - and maybe Walleye?

Last report I could find on the Board was from 2007 - but nothing was posted on how the fishing was, etc.

Anyway - always fun to try out a new lake. I will try to post what I get - if anything. Heading up 2nd week of July.

Guest MusicCityAngler

I have cottage near McTier, and have fished Healy two or three times. It is one of the better lakes in the area for bass, with a variety of structure- deep, shallow, rock, weeds, etc. I remember we had great fishing just before sunset on a bay that you enter through a narrow inlet on the south side of the lake.

I mainly fish for bass, so can't comment about the crappie, pike, or trout. But I hope you find some crappie, as I am looking for a lake to fish them.

Since this is your first time at Healy, it would be helpful to get a map of the lake. I would suggest adventure fishing maps. They are not perfect, but I find them very helpful when fishing a lake I am not familiar with. Their web site is www.adventurefishingmaps.on.ca, and I think they cost about $15.

Maybe we could get together for a day of fishing. Unfortunately, I am not computer literate enough to know how to PM you. Would appreciate it if someone could help.

The trick is to take a great fisherman like me along with you for a day so I can show you how and where to catch them fishes. I will bring a few of my 'go to' lures.

The problem is, i have seen your go to lures...they don't work. hahahahahahahaaha.

Was out in Simcoe yesterday - went out to Thorold. Didn't get anything.....but had a really really really nice follower. Maybe if I had a go to lure, he might have bit. Oh well...