Claira's First Fish

Well here's the report I promised. My youngest daughter Claira has been on my case to get out fishing since the ice came off hte lake. Our new vehicle doesn't have a hitch yet and we only had a short window to get out so we packed up the family and took Claira out for a little shore fishing. There's a great little spot to take the kids on Longpoint and it's always loaded with small bluegill, perch, rockbass etc.

As soon as we dropped Claira's pink trout worm into the lake a solid 2lb+ largie smashed it and started spooling her little rod. I grabbed the spool in a panic and you guessed it... SNAP.. her first fish would have been a nice largie and but her dad blew it and it broke her off.

It's all good though because within a few minutes we had her tied back up and and at two years old she caught her first ever fish all by herself with zero help from Dad!! She was very excited but still wouldn't hold it, so big sis showed her how it's done.

MailAttachment.jpeg

We stuck around for about 45 minutes and the kids caught a whole bunch of little bluegill... not the Deer Creek giants we're used to, but hte kids had a ton of fun and it was good to get outside and catch some fish.

Here's my boy Luke with his first of the day..

MailAttachmentcopy3.jpeg

Averie with a pair... ( one on her rod and one on mine while I was helping Luke un-hook his fish )

MailAttachmentcopy6.jpeg

Mom even got in on the action a little today...

MailAttachmentcopy5.jpeg

A few more fish.....

photo1.jpg

MailAttachmentcopy2.jpeg

photo-4.jpg

MailAttachmentcopy4.jpeg

And it was time to call it a day!

MailAttachmentcopy7.jpeg

Thanks for checkin out our report - have a great week!!

Cheers,

Ryan

I've told you before Ryan.. thanks for these posts and bringing back some great memories that go with them for me. Super young parents, 3 kids... a duplicate of Leah and I about 22 years ago... but with the boy being the oldest. Enjoy it to the fullest!