Kawartha Prop Repair- My great experience!

RangerGuy

I feel that Kawartha Prop Repair deserves a great report READ BELOW!

I went to see Kawartha Prop Repair the weekend before the May 24th long weekend. Looking for a prop that would provide more bow lift than my factory 17P Yamaha prop

on my 18' Lund Alaskan w/ 75hp yamaha tiller

John @ Kawartha Prop Repair spent probably at least 2 hours trying a few different props with me. We found a good Stainless Steel 4 blade 15P

that seemed to give me good speed and lift with little vibration. I was getting 35 mph @ 6150 rpm.. We figured that once I had my normal

load in the boat It would drop to right at 6000 rpm.

2 aspects of this prop I did not like after running the prop on the may long weekend was we burned at least 1/4 tank more in fuel with less weight and below 800 rpm

it sounded like the gears in the lower unit were not fully engaging until I hit the gas a bit.

I called John back and talked to him. He offered to let me try a few more different 3 blade props instead and also agreed to wait till my new Truck comes in so I don't have

tow with the wife's little SUV again.. WHICH IS AWESOME!

These guys are the only shop that I could find that would even let me test a prop, let alone swap for another one if I wasn't happy.

He's even gonna balance and add a little cup to my factory prop for me for a small fee..

Kawartha Prop Repair is 2 hours from me, but I was so impressed with John's level of service. They will be my prop dealer from now on!!

Thank you John for the great service!

What a nice change!, after my horrible experience ordering a truck, for sake of being brief.. I'm on my second waiting period because I cancelled my first order a month into my wait :(

Kawartha Prop repair is top notch!

Edited by RangerGuy