Seaguar Kanzen Braid review

Hooked

I am always looking to try out new line and have a been a fan of Seaguar flouro for years, I picked up the new Seaguar Kanzen Braid in 12lb test recently. I was very impressed with the thinness of the line and seemed very supple to cast with. Started off tying a uni to uni from the Kanzen to a flouro lead and kept breaking at the knot. Then tied directly onto a bait and still kept breaking at the knot. I have never had this issue before with braid. It almost seemed it had the strength of the mono equivalent in diameter. I wasn't even using a whole lot of strength either. So I pulled a couple feet of line out from spool and gave it a pull.....you guessed it, broke pretty easily. After checking some other reviews online appears I was not the only one having this problem. Just thought I'd pass this along in case someone may be interested in this line.

Pro's

Very thin diameter

Supple

Con's

Brutal knot strength

Strength does not appear equal to lb rating

That's a shame I have been a power pro fan for years and the line has not caused me to look for anything better. You can test the line strenth with your fish scale just tie a knot and anchor one end to the floor and the other to the scale to see what it does break at. With this information you can usually write the company and they will send a free replacement.

Art

Was it spooled onto a spinning reel or baitcaster? ive found light braid to be a pain on a baitcaster, even on finesse techniques, line snaps constantly.

I currently bought 12lb sunline sx1 for my spinner, only have used it once, but gets a positive review from me.

• 4 weeks later...