Chronarch E review

jedimaster

I have been waiting to post some reviews until I actually used them, but I bought 4 new chornarch E's to replace some curado's. I decided to switch from right hand to left hand retrieve on my bait casters this year.

I had curado's and I don't like the reviews on the new ones and I heard the new chronach's are essentially the old curado's. Well after using them I don't think they are the same. Perhaps they are but I don't think so. I was always a big fan of curado's. I was a bit leery to move to the chronarchs but after using them for 2 full weekends for walleye and pike fishing I can tell you they are awesome. They cast so damn far its crazy. Not a single backlash. I swear these are not the same as the E curado's. Perhaps they are and its all in my mind. Eitherway I would recommend these to anyone. Great drag, casts far and feel very sturdy so far.

I had them matched up with a st.croix mojo glass crankbait rod as well as a few various Cumara's.

They all felt nice an balanced and very comfortable in my hand.

I moved up tot he core reels recently and all I can say is WOW. Smooth and casting a country mile is easy as pie. I put them on a few of SPIEL rods and it is no issue to fish all day chucking baits.

Art

The Chronarch E is still a good reel, but in my opinion nowhere near as good as the previous version Chronarch D. Looks as though Shimano implemented cost cutting measures which translates to their most recent lineup of baitcasters. I know of many people who have turned away from Shimano with their changes to the Curado and Chronarch. I still find the Chronarch E a great reel, and have never had any problems with the durability and longevity of any Shimano reel I have owned.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Imo I feel they dropped the ball on the new curado. Ppl are hating on the calcutta d, I have a 200d and set it 2brakes and forget it. ITS BETTER than the TE hands down imo. But nobody will ever give it a chance because of bad rep. Just means more for me when on sale!

Curado E = Chronarch E. They are the exact same reel. The only difference is the Curado has an aluminum drag star and the Chronarch has a plastic composite drag star. The Chronarch gets 1 carbon drag upgrade, but that's more of a fix than an actual upgrade. A few other very minor differences.

If you feel a difference in the two reels then it could be something as simple as grease, a bearing, dirtiness can make a reel feel different. I have over 10 Curado Es and they are not all the same in personality.

All Shimanos from the Citica and up can cast baits a country mile, which is why Shimanos are great. Set and forget. The lighter spools will cast light baits better.