Very funny Mother Nature

danc

No dock I bet as well eh Dan? LOL!!!! That's insane! Let's hope it warms up for August :) :)

Did you end up checking out the launch at Pine Portage?

Launched at Portage Bill. Put over 40 miles on the boat without a sniff all day. We were dodging icebergs all day and never found water warmer than 36f. Had some fun in the lower river sections though. I walked into a place where a creek enters the system and caught 6 Specks in half an hour from shore. They're in there after the smelts, which are still spawning up here. And we got some Steel and a few more Brookies in the lower section. Not the best weekend, but still had some fun and found a few fish.

That would drive me crazy at this time of the year. I was upset when we launched the first weekend in April and saw a skim of ice at the launch. At least you got out and found a few fish, can't ask for much more than that given the conditions. Hope that ice is gone soon for ya Dan.

Blah Blah Blah ... whine whine whine .(or should I say wine wine wine)... where's the speck pics ... my monster this weekend was 1lb 12 oz .... probably BAIT for your coasters :)

Still waiting for my invite btw :)