Honey Harbour fishing trip is coming up

hotsky

I have a cottage booked for next weekend (31st) on Honey Harbour Georgan Bay. I'll have a boat to use as well so hopefully we'll have some nice weather. I've never fished there so could use some tips on lures and what techiques to use. I'll post report with pics after :)

I'll be going for pike and walleye. Really hoping to get a nice trophy pike! :Gonefishing:

Edited by Gray_Wolf

You might get a few pike in the shallow bays off the main boating channels. Take note that on the weekends these channels are like highways for boats....keep your eyes out for the rocks!!

The "Severn Sound" is basically the entire lower south east part of Georgian Bay.

Hit the shallow bays. Spoons, Spinners.

And as Bruce, and several others will likely mention, the water level is very low, and the area is treacherous for rocks and shoals. Use EXTREME caution!!!

Agreed that it is a very rocky area, but I'm not sure the lower water makes that much of a difference unless you are relying too much on charts or chips. Yes, "new" rocks become hazards, but some rocks that were under water are now plainly visible.

In short, it is and area that always warrants caution.

Thanks for the tips guys. I'm not going to be racing so should be ok I think (I'm a caution guy), might bring my trolling motor too and use that as well.

How far out do I have to get to find larger pike? Are they going to be in deaper water or not this early yet?

I boated extensively through there. I had a trailer for a few years in HH. Get a chart. For 20 odd bucks, it will be the best money you ever spent. PM me and let me know where you are staying and I can give you a few areas and tips to work.

spent lots of hours touring honey harbour.. lots of good size pike... Walleye? i have yet to see one EYE in the 100 hours ive fished it.

+1 on the rocks

+1 busiest place ever on the weekend... major reason i dont plan on going back...the channells are like the 401 for boats!

You'll figure out where the big pike are once you figure out the water temp.. I'm guessing they are starting to move off the deeper weed edges. Go out there and try everything until you establish a pattern.

Edited by BillM