Whoes using swim baits for bass ?

snagged

I know in the US they like throwing big swim baits for bass ex: Huddleston trout, but anyone here using or tried this technique ? What kind of results did you have? During my search for swimbait info, I learned how expensive some were going for. Pretty nuts to think a pike could bite off a $200-$400 hard swimbait.

Those big arse swim baits were designed for Western US lakes where largies feed on stocked trout. Mostly in California I beleive.

That being said, I've heard of a few incideantal largies caught by toothy anglers but yet to hear of someone patterning this bait for largies here.

Now swimbaits in the 5 to 8" are killer for largies here. Cast them out and reel them in like you would a spinnerbait.

I agree with Harrison and it was lake Castaic in California. I have tried them down south and to tell you the truth your shoulder is worn out after a day on the water throwing those things and bringing them back. Great looking lure and the collectors go nuts over them. However slinging a few hundred dollars overboard in hopes it comes back is not for me.

This one brand of swimbaits has sold out on every item on their website and apparently when new stock is available, it is gone within minutes. This type of demand vs limited supply is the first I've ever heard of relating to the fishing industry.

Hi Phil, I'd like to order a dozen of your finest $200-$400 swimbaits please!

No problem Bill, I'll get Roy on painting them up... in the "tocatchfishermanpattern" he is a true artist.