Product Review: Neos Trekker Overshoe

solopaddler

I don't normally do this type of thing, but these things are so incredible that I want to share.

These things slip on over top of your hiking boots (or even running shoes or sandals for that matter).

They're super lightweight and 100% waterproof. The only thing I wasn't sure about was how would the soles grip on the trail?

That question was put to rest in Algonquin recently as I wore them on the portage trails and they performed superbly. Surprisingly grippy and super comfortable. Best of all they allowed me to keep my feet dry in the very wet and muddy conditions.

Beyond canoeing and trail use these overshoes will be fantastic in the boat in rainy weather. Especially in the summer when it's hot and you don't want to wear a pair of heavy rubber boots. Just slip them on right over your running shoes and Bob's your uncle.

All in all I came away hugely impressed, check them out:

http://www.overshoesonline.com/trs7/NEOS-Trekker-Overshoe.htm

I picked up a pair of the Overboots (NAV-N5P3), essentially brand new for $30! I can not get them to seal out water..., but that was in super slushy conditions. Other than that, they are a suberb product!

I was hopping out of the canoe into almost knee deep water with absolutely no leaks. Will they stand the test of time? Who knows? But I would gladly buy a new pair every 3-4 years if necessary.

pretty sure mine were leaking due to the velcro not sealing properly. To be honest I just assumed they were not waterproof, but website says they are, so I'll have to see where the leaking is coming from.

I like the "summer" models you posted. Way better than a pair of soaking wet, muddy running shoes in the bush!

• 2 weeks later...