He's hooked!!!

Took the little guy for a few hours to some stocked rainbow ponds .

Kid had a blast !! And so did I LOL.

With a Rod rigged with 2lb fluorocarbon a small float and worm the kid was a force to be reckoned with.

At age 3.5 he's enjoyed a few successful outings already BUT today he blew me away!!

In the hour we were there we caught fish steady, enough to coax an angler and his 3 year old to make the walk around and fish right beside us. On the rivers or in a boat you'd lose your mind but the trout ponds are for kids so I was hoping to see the little guy hook one .

After a chat with the other father we learned that they hadn't hooked anything all day. Not ten seconds after hearing that we're into another .

I ask my son if he'd like to give his rod to the other little boy so he can reel one in and his words exactly " that's a great idea"!!

He stood by the other little fisherman shouting instructions and words if encouragement . I couldn't of been more proud.

That's what it's all about.

great way to introduce a kid to the fun. I did the same with my daughter and she still loves fishin' ( not as much as G, but he's as nuts as me :whistling: ) great story about his sharing the rod - I bet the little man he handed the rod to was ear to ear smiles.

Other little guy landed his fish , and the boys took turns trying to subdue the flopping trout it was priceless LOL.

Really made me wonder, the next time I'm fishing a crowded pool on a river and I'm getting fish ( wishful thinking) maybe I should pass my rod to the new guy who's just starting instead of coursing to myself about how this guys messing everything up.