A Very Crappie Spring....

RJackson

Crappie! not Crappy!

What a treat this spring has been on the Crappie hunt. Changed things up and avoided the community holes and set sights on unlocking a few new lakes to us. And unlock em we did. Awesome days were had.

Lots of guests and loads of fish....

4crappies-1.jpg

lukecrappie.jpg

jimmycrappie-1.jpg

vexslabs.jpg

Lots more pics and a few things we did differently this year to whack the Craps good are here : http://www.rjnbirdeesoutdooradventures.ca/?p=1221

Have a great long weekend folks! Weather should be great and the fish should be snarly.

RJ

Nice!!! I haven't caught a single one below a float this year either. tiny ice jigs tipped with a tube = deadly. I even troll them behind the boat at 1-2mph. Works awesome and you cover lots of water.

Wow, those are some fine specimens! Was there a bait that did the most damage? Nice job!

Best baits for me this spring have been a two inch tube with a 1/32 oz jighead, no float. Another winner when they are a bit deeper ie. 8-10 FOW is a 1/16ths oz Nuckleball jig with a 2 inch Fluke. Always white so I can watch em disappear!

Back at em today for one last go with my buddy Markus while he was in town for a few days, they are now post spawn and even more snarly.

markuscrappie.jpg

I've got a spot where they tend to congregate and chase shiners on the surface in the evenings. This only lasts about 2hrs however. After that, I haven't the slightest idea where they disappear to, lol!