We adopted a 6 year old!

TJQ

Yup.. finally broke down and adopted the baby we wanted.

6 years old but owned by an elderly gentleman in Espanola. In mint shape with less than 20 hours on her. My other babay had been home long enough, and it was time for something new and a bit lighter, the other baby was hard on my back. (Its hell to get old ya know) So after being told it would be next to impossible to adopt a smaller 6hp 2-stroke in good condition, I searched and found this one pretty darn quick and snatched it up. Its a shame that Yamaha stopped making them, their 2-stoke line was likely the most dependable. I can't wait to get it on my 12' tinny and do some real back lake exploring!

IMG_1519_zps68e1acf8.jpg

Nice motor Boss. You'll have to promise though, NEVER EVER take it into Lingham lake, that lake is bad on lower units and props.

Cheers, Ron...

LOL.. I hear ya Ron.. Its so pretty I barely want to put it in the water. My first trip into Jiggy last week, my 15 Johnson quit on me and I borrowed a 6 from Golden Eagle Camp for the week. I'd used these same motors before on lots of flyins, but forgot just how nice they purred.. it also weighs considerably less and is easier to get off and on the boat. Been wanting to get one of these for a while, but it was hard to justify when I had motor(s) that would do the job. Anyway sometimes ya just gotta splurge and these units are only gonna get scarcer, so i figured now was the time!

Oh look! It's a male! Gunna change the number on him when he turns 7?

NO Roy your kids will always be 6... lol

your great grand kids will be still using that thing, it'll run forever

I hope so!!

Good to see T.J. does this mean Monique can catch more fish in more spots further from the camp than you now still?

Art

I hope so!!

MINT!!! Nice decision about taking up the chalenge of adoption. I'm sure you'll be good parents to the new little one. :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

I had an '02 Merc 6hp 2 stroke, ya I know not a Yammy but I loved it, it was like new too, quiet, convenient, easy on gas and started before the first pull was completed on the cord. I sometimes shed a tear when I start to think about it. :(